Hamburg, September 23, 2011 – In the darkness of space, visions of dogfights, explosions and massive technical weaponry light up the skies like nothing else. That is the universe of Black Prophecy, the award-winning, highly acclaimed free-to-play space MMOG. On September 21, gamigo will release the game’s second expansion, Episode 2: Species War. This new expansion will include a number of balance fixes, many of which came at the request of the community. These fixes will allow for smoother gameplay and allow players of all experience levels to compete more evenly in PvP combat. In addition, all players will be given one free skill reset item so that they can revamp their combat strategies just in time for the introduction of Black Prophecy’s biggest feature yet. Episode 2: Species War heralds the coming of a full-blown interstellar war with the addition of warzones. These bring a brand new PvP experience that will make the game’s breakneck battles even fiercer and push Tyi and Genide players to battle over control of key territories in the game universe.
Warzones are six brand new areas in which PvP players and their factions can battle for supremacy of the universe. Each warzone contains 3 sub-sectors: the Support Zone, the Outpost Zone and the Command Center. Each sub-sector must be fought through and conquered individually before moving on to the next. Once all three sub-sectors in an area have been won, a faction can consider that warzone to be conquered. It cannot be attacked by other factions until a countdown timer runs out. Here is a closer look at the three sub-sectors that must be won:
- Support Zone: Killing enemy players in these zones gives a buff to fellow players in the Outpost and Command Center sectors that accelerates the capturing of domination points.
- Outpost Zone: Each Outpost zone has three domination points that have to be held by the attacking forces within five minutes each. Once all three Outpost Zones have been captured, the way to the Command Center is open.
- Command Center: The main sector that has to be dominated in order to gain control of the entire warzone. Once players have made their way through the Outpost zones, the Command Center’s domination points must be captured. After all nine points have been taken by the attacking forces within 20 minutes, the warzone is considered captured and the warzone-specific player buffs are activated.
The universe cried out for better, bigger and badder, and gamigo has answered the call. Black Prophecy Episode 2: Species Wars will refine a slew of game elements while increasing the depth of its famed PvP experience upon its release on September 21. Until then, choose your faction right now by downloading Black Prophecy for free from http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/ and keep updated with the latest news, events and community ramblings at http://www.facebook.com/Black.Prophecy.MMOG
The community also has these great bonus events to look forward to in the next two weeks:
- Week 1: 25% more XP in PvP battles and no penalty for dying
- Week 2: 25% more XP in PvP battles and 25% more concentration
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Tel. +49-40-411 885 205
Fax +49-40-411 885 255
About gamigo AG
gamigo AG, a wholly owned subsidiary of Axel Springer AG, was founded in 2001 and has grown to become one of the leading publishers of free-to-play MMOGs in Europe. Since 2010, gamigo also publishes its games globally. A team of more than 100 employees works in the company headquarters in Hamburg and its branch office in New York City. The key to success is the emphasis on publishing high-quality games supervised by first-rate community management. The portfolio includes games from all ends of the gaming spectrum - from Facebook games and browser-based games to elaborate MMORPGs.