Haarlem, The Netherlands - 29 October 2012 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and game development studio immersionFX have released a 3 minute trailer featuring the tropical surroundings and gameplay in their upcoming genre-hybrid ‘The Good Life – The Tropical paradise simulation‘ for PC/Mac. The Good Life is a free roaming simulation set in a visually stunning 3D tropical environment. Play an intriguing combination of gameplay styles; part ship simulation, part time-management, part tycoon and 100% fun.
Iceberg Interactive also announced that the game has been shipped to retail outlets in Europe and several English speaking territories beyond it for its boxed release. This release, along with a German localized boxed edition as well as the global digital launch, all take place this Friday 2 nd of November 2012.
For more information about the game, please visit the Iceberg Website ( http://www.iceberg-interactive.com/news-mainmenu-33.html)
About The Good Life
The Good Life is a free roaming simulation set in a visually stunning 3D tropical environment. Play an intriguing combination of gameplay styles; part ship simulation, part time-management, part tycoon and 100% fun. A villa ashore, your own yacht, a stunning sunset, sandy beaches and see-through waters. Live the life you always dreamed of on your way to becoming the area’s top dog.
Like so many, Derek Hales is fed up and is dreaming about ditching the nine-to-five lifestyle. When he learns that his late uncle made him the sole heir of “Carpe Diem Boats”, a boating company on the tropical complex of the Jo Jo islands, he doesn’t hesitate for a second. A new life awaits ! After a long voyage, he and his striking girlfriend Michelle Joyce finally arrive at their destination, enjoying the beautiful sunrise, with a Boating Company of their own. Compared to the dull office life, this new life looks much better. Finally but suddenly, life is good!
- With an array of luxury vessels at your disposal, take on various missions across ultra-realistic tropical waters, in order to make your fortune.
- Experience vast, beautiful tropical locations, with more than 50 harbours and dozens of diverse places to explore.
- Become an adept skipper and progress across 6 different ship types.
- Realistic weather conditions and 24hr day/night cycle.
- Seek treasures in the deep, rescue people from drowning, avoid pirate attacks and become rich and famous!
- Use your earnings to build your commercial empire - buy and sell properties in this tropical paradise – progress from sun beds, beach houses and bungalows, to restaurants, villas and even hotels.
- Play against 9 other NPC ‘Skippers’ who compete for business against you – become the best skipper, earn more money and become the ultimate tycoon of the JoJo Islands!
immersionFX Games is an independent videogame developer with new ideas and a fresh perspective with emphasis in creating innovative game play experiences which you can’t get anywhere else. The company's flagship product is “Days of Sail: Wind over Waters“ back in 2007, a sailing simulation game that was a successful online & retail seller in all European territories. Coming 2008, the release of “CrimeCity“ was an attempt to enter the casual games arena with a 3D game. With a constant commitment to quality, the company's strategy is to grow in the industry by making innovative, close to reality games for all platforms and for all audiences. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.immersionfx.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive ( http://www.iceberg-interactive.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor , Wings of Prey , APB Reloaded and Endless Space -- but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space.
Play it cool!