The Brasil Game Show (BGS), the principal fair for electronic games in Latin America, boasts many features for 2011. After the tremendous success of the 2010 edition, which had over 30,000 visitors over two days, BGS has launched its new website with all the details for video game fans awaiting this year’s event.
The 4th edition of the fair expects to attract 50,000 visitors. Increasing the number of days for the fair is part of the big news this year. For the first time the event will be held over five days, including an exclusive international conference for professionals October 5 th through the 7 th, with the huge fair open to the public from October 7 th through the 9 th (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
Stay on top of the news of the event:
• Exhibitors: 70 booths will be located across 20,000 square meters, double the space used in the previous year;
• Conference: will bring together major national and international names within the gaming industry. There will be three tracks on the program: Development, Marketing, Arts / Design. Each one of these tracks will include lectures, short courses, tutorials and success stories/case studies;
• Games Festival: Prizes for the best in Latin-American games and also for independent projects;
• Brasil Game Jam: This games design marathon is an initiative to promote the development of Electronic Games. In an atmosphere similar to a reality show, 15 teams consisting of representatives from universities across Brazil and abroad must produce a game in just 48 hours. At the end of the marathon judges will declare the best team;
• B2B Area: In 2011 the Brasil Game Show will offer, for the first time, an exclusive area for businesses, with access restricted to professionals. This is an area designed to promote relationships between companies, executives, customers, suppliers and business partners.
The tickets for the 4th edition of the Brazil Game Show will be sold in an action beginning at 12:00 am ton the next Monday (06/27/11), purchases can be made at the Groupalia site: www.groupalia.com.br . Video game fans around the country can buy tickets to the fair with a 65% discount.
All information about the Brasil Game Show can be found at the website www.brasilgameshow.com.br. Details are available about the fair, local exhibitors, bus caravans, air transportation and accommodation. You can also learn more about the Conference, the Games Festival, the B2B space, the new edition of Brasil Game Jam, plus news of the exhibitors presenting at the event.
About Brasil Game Show
The Brasil Game Show is the premiere Brazilian Games Fair which has been held over four consecutive years. This feat has been achieved by maintaining a 100% national corporate viewpoint and by focusing on growing the market for electronic games. Through this success and record attendance, the event has become, in 2011, the Largest Electronic Games Fair in Latin America. The 4th edition will take place October 5 - 9 at the SulAmerica Convention Center in Rio de Janeiro. There will be 70 booths across 20,000 square meters of space. Check out all the details on the official site: www.brasilgameshow.com.br.