MOSCOW, August 8, 2007 - Buka Entertainment and Orion Games are pleased to reveal The Hunt, new First Person Shooter to be presented at GC 2007.
In 2025, the criminality among the society reached levels not known before. The government approved an extreme, though sure measure to ensure peace, security and prosperity for the society.
Being a common citizen, there is a probability of one in a million of receiving the back mark... a device implanted in your body that emits a signal which can be followed. But sometimes happens... If you are marked, you have become the main star of The Hunt... the degeneration into a TV show of the governmental cleaning action. "The Beaters" are the gangs that participate officially as hunters. The Hunt is a brand new FPS which breaks the established rules of the genre. Now shooting won't be enough to survive.
Key Game Features:
• Brand new engine with state-of-the art features. Real time lightning and shading. The enemies will react to your noise and shadow.
• The AGEIA PhysX technology allows not just to break almost every element of the scenario, but also to use it as weapon… a stone, a brick, a pipe…
• The main character is not a soldier or a well-trained hero… is a normal person who receives the Black Mark and has to escape and learn to survive.
• Stealth will be an important part of the gameplay. Special killing moves.
• Multiplayer. Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Survival mode…
About Buka Entertainment
Buka Entertainment is a creator, publisher and distributor of first-rate PC games destined for worldwide distribution. Headquartered in Moscow, Russia, it also runs publishing activity in North America and has strong partnerships with the leading companies around the globe. Founded in 1994, Buka Entertainment is the first Russian game making company to become an international brand and to create its own international distribution network. Titles produced by Buka were licensed for publishing and distribution in 70 countries and localized to 15 languages. Among them are Hard Truck series, Fair Strike, Battle Mages, Echelon, The Entente and Pacific Storm. Buka constantly expands product line-up and aims at bringing high-grade, revolutionary video game titles to all major markets.
About Orion Games
Founded in 2003, Orion Games is a developer of PC games based in Russia. Among the titles produced by Orion are Hellforces, The Stalin Subway, The Stalin Subway: Red Veil.
International PR Manager
+ 7 (495) 788-7505 (ext. 287)