Chicago, IL – February 9th, 2012 – Entertainment studio The Shadow Gang, today announced BZRK The Game, a compelling new 3D mobile adventure game developed as part of the groundbreaking Michael Grant young adult thriller of the same name. Playable as a full standalone game or alongside the wider BZRK interactive story and novel release, fans will be immediately immersed into a futuristic tale of a shadowy guerrilla group known as BZRK. BZRK The Game will be available free to download from iTunes app store and Android marketplace on February 15 th 2012. It will be available on the Nook and Amazon app stores in the next few weeks.
Developed in partnership with Stovepipe Interactive and co-published by Egmont Press, the BZRK 3D mobile game is set to challenge and thrill even the most experienced players as it plunges audiences straight into nanotechnology warfare.
BZRK The Game – Story So Far
The game picks up just as The Armstrong Fancy Gift Corporation’s conspiracy to unite humanity through a single hive mind is discovered by the BZRK faction and players must intercept a citizen’s body from losing control of their mind. Unlike other games, BZRK uniquely takes fans into the literal inner core of an infected mind where players must utilize a microscopic Biot to enter their brain and destroy a swarm of Nanobots before they create another happy slave. Some of the main gameplay features include:
BZRK Key Game Features
- 1-Player 3D Action Adventure title
- Take on the challenge as a BZRK member – Send in your army of Biots to save an infected citizen in a deadly race against the clock
- High-intensity and high-impact mobile gameplay that promises to engage even the most ardent video game fans
- Explore the hauntingly stylized, highly detailed and grisly terrain of 4 awesome battlegrounds: The Eyelid, Eye Cavity, Optic Nerve and The Brain
- Precise 360 degree gyroscope tilt-control of your Biot to maneuver swiftly on each level
- Swipe to attack in all directions, learn deathly quick hit combos and ultimate combat controls
- Collect Carbon Bounty with each attack to spend on powerful Runner (speed) or Brawler (power) upgrades
- Face-off with a variety of enemies from Demodex to Nanobot creatures and gruesome end-of-level bosses, while tackling environmental obstacles such as Lymph Nodes, Lateral Glands and Blood Vessels
- Power up with extra Carbon through the In-App store
- BZRK Extras access for players who want to learn more about the overall franchise
- Hi-Score Bounty Leaderboard tied into the Community Online at gobzrk.com (releasing in March)
“When producing BZRK The Game, we wanted to create a 3D mobile games experience unlike anything that had come before – an immersive challenge that got gamers excited to learn the backstory, and in turn encouraging readers to interact with the story through the game,” said Alex LeMay, Founder, The Shadow Gang. “The result is a rich mobile games experience that’s not only visually compelling and takes place in an unexpected world but that literally gets under the players’ skin too.”
Developed by The Shadow Gang, Michael Grant (author of the best-selling GONE series for young adults) and Egmont UK Ltd; BZRK is the first-of-its-kind interactive story and transmedia experience that spans across community websites, character blogs, graphic novels, social networks, online video and a 3D mobile game, culminating with the book release on February 28 th 2012. Aimed at young adult science fiction, mystery, gaming and adventure enthusiasts, the multilayered online GoBZRK experience has already attracted over 127,000 visitors in 8 weeks across 92 countries, smashing the records of online fan engagement set by popular TV science fiction franchises.
BZRK The Game will be available free to download from iTunes app store and Android marketplace on February 15 th 2012. It will be available on the Nook and Amazon app stores in the next few weeks.
BZRK the book published by Egmont Press and will be available at the usual digital
and retail book stores on February 28 th 2012.
For More Information on BZRK please visit:
Game App - http://www.gobzrk.com/app/
Interactive Story & Novel - http://www.gobzrk.com
# # #
About The Shadow Gang:
The Shadow Gang entertainment studio is a leader in building social communities on and offline. Based in Chicago, the company specializes in extending the works of best-selling authors by expanding narrative universes across media platforms. The Shadow Gang creates unique value for entertainment studios, publishers and creative professionals by revolutionizing the way content is monetized and distributed, and in the process cultivates impassioned audiences around the world.
About StovePipe Interactive:
Stovepipe Interactive is a software development house founded by veteran Chicago video game developers Daniel Bernard and Ed Hellesen. The company's primary focus is to provide clients with Gamification Strategies and intelligently designed Apps and Games for Apple iOS and Android devices. www.stovepipeinteractive.com