SAN MATEO, CA— July 7, 2009— Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Street Fighter® IV has shipped to retail for PC and is available through online distribution platforms. Street Fighter IV, which has racked up awards and critical praise since its release on consoles in February, has redefined the fighting game genre with a return to the classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action mixed with new characters, high definition 3D visuals, and next-generation fluid gameplay.
Street Fighter IV is rated by the ESRB as Teen and is available now on store shelves in North America for $39.99 or through various online distribution platforms, including the Capcom e-Store, Steam, Direct2Drive, Metaboli, GamersGate, Impulse and others to be named later. Also, look for the Mad Catz Fight Pad bundle for a suggested retail price of $59.99, which includes the highly sought-after Ryu Fight Pad and game, available at Amazon.com, the Capcom e-Store and selected retailers.
Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favorites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created exclusively for this game such as Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in high definition 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the input system. Street Fighter IV also incorporates state of the art online match making and worldwide online gameplay. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over. With the inclusion of Capcom's latest advancements in new generation technology, Street Fighter IV promises to deliver an extraordinary experience that has been re-introducing the world to the time-honored art of virtual martial arts.
• New for PC - Three visual shaders based on the“artistic” trailers give a new look to the gameplay: Watercolor, Poster, and Sumi-E ink styles.
• Online gameplay features, including instantaneous online challenges, versus mode, tournament mode, and world wide online gameplay through Games for Windows®– LIVE.
• New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination, including Focus attacks, Super Combos, and the revenged-fueled Ultra Combo system.
• Classic Street Fighter characters recreated for a new generation of gamers, including the original cast of Street Fighter® II.
• New brawlers: female super-spy Crimson Viper, lucha libre wrestler El Fuerte, portly kung-fu master Rufus, mixed martial artist Abel and more!
• New gameplay elements provide new challenges for both newcomers and the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
• Classic 2D Street Fighter gameplay with stunning high definition 3D characters and environments.
• Supports higher screen resolutions than console versions.
For more information, visit http://www.streetfighter.com.