Monday 2nd February/... Designed to offer the ultimate one-stop-shop for football data, stats, news, editorial and networking the newly launched www.championshipmanager.co.uk is the comprehensive portal for all football fans.
To celebrate the fantastic new website, Championship Manager is giving away the classic‘01/02 edition of the game to every visitor that registers on the website before February 28th 2009.
Roy Meredith of Championship Manager said:“If you love your stats, news, trivia and discussions, you will not find a more comprehensive football website anywhere.
“Championship Manager is a game for all fans of football who want to delve deeply into the sport and our website is an extension of that and much more. The insights from members of the Football Council will be fascinating and the analysis you can draw from the site’s data makes the website a genuine homeland for all fans of the beautiful game.”
New features of the website include:
1. A unique Football Council– a group of people from all areas of the football world who will write regular articles about life in the real world of professional football. The CM Football Council is: Manchester United and Celtic legend and Youth Academy Manager Brian McClair; former West Ham United assistant manager Mervyn Day; former Premiership and World Cup referee Graham Poll; Ajax midfielder Howard Nedd; Dagenham&Redbridge striker Mark Nowekji; and Daily Mail journalist Mark Alford. In addition to their insights into the‘behind-the-scenes’ activities in the world of football, the Football Council are also providing their expertise and unique experience into the design of the Championship Manager game, ensuring it retains it’s authenticity and provides fans with a firmly realistic experience of managing a football club
2. On-going real team and player data from across the leading UK and European leagues, building as they happen for every match throughout the season. Determine the truth behind the performance!
3. Create your own avatar, take part in matchday predictions or challenge“Cappo” in“Cappo’s Quiz”. Users will also have the opportunity to comment on Football Council blogs, share their football experiences and opinions across the network and meet new supporters of their teams.
4. Championship Manager forums for gamers to discuss new games, demos and patches together with genuine fans forums for discussion about real life football
5. Regular football news stories, features and blogs, updated on a daily basis and written by football journalists from the UK and abroad
Championship Manager has been the leading brand in football management simulations since 1992 and the new site will herald a new direction for the most established name in football gaming. The new website features a bold and striking new design, with new logos and graphics, signalling the game’s return to the fundamentals that have firmly established it within the hearts and minds of football audiences for nearly 20 years.
The website is live now at www.championshipmanager.co.uk and with many more changes still to come it will continue to be the innovative home of football and Champ Man news.
For further information
Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Billy Partridge– firstname.lastname@example.org– 0207 282 2863 / 07734 954 908
Ewan Robertson– email@example.com– 0207 282 2981
Paul Griffin– firstname.lastname@example.org– 0207 282 1041
Tim Hodges - TimHo@bgstudios.co.uk– 0208 212 3932
Roy Meredith– email@example.com– 07747 637214
About Eidos Interactive Ltd
Eidos Interactive Ltd, creators of some of the world's leading videogame properties, consists of several development studios including Crystal Dynamics, IO Interactive, Beautiful Game Studios and Eidos Montreal, plus sales and distribution offices in Europe and the US. The Group has a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex, Championship Manager and Just Cause. Eidos Interactive Ltd is part of SCi Entertainment Group Plc (SEG).