NCsoft®, the world's premier publisher and developer of Massively Multiplayer Online games (MMOs), and Paragon Studios®, home of the world’s most popular super-powered hero MMO, City of Heroes ®, are excited to celebrate City of Heroes’ seventh anniversary today– a date that marks seven years worth of unequalled content, 20 Issues of unfolding storylines and millions of players who have created more than 40 million Heroes and Villains and counting.
Over the past seven years, City of Heroes players around the globe have earned more than 15 billion experience points in their journey to save the world or conquer it. Those experience points were earned by playing more than 1,600 missions, 40+ task forces or raids and more than 375,000 user-generated Architect missions– enough content to last someone 3,900 days to play through it all.
City of Heroes broke new ground when it launched in 2004 as the first comic-book inspired MMO and the innovations it delivered set many standards in the MMORPG industry. Super-Sidekicking, user-generated content, virtually limitless character customisation, action-packed battles against groups of enemies, Epic Archetypes, a story-driven morality system, and most recently an inclusive and accessible End Game system to challenge the most experienced players are just a few of the numerous benchmarks the franchise has set.
Seven years later, City of Heroes continues to be the world’s most popular super heroic MMO. This success is due to the millions that have played City of Heroes, and Paragon Studios is proud to have the most passionate, creative and loyal community in the industry, so we’re inviting everyone to join us as we celebrate seven years of super-powered heroism and villainy.
Starting today and continuing over the course of the next few weeks, Paragon Studios will be rolling out special anniversary offers and opportunities, including a chance to jump back into Paragon City with the Seventh Anniversary Reactivation Week where all accounts in good standing are activated for free starting Tuesday, 3 rd May up through Tuesday, 10 th May. A complete list of activities to look for includes:
· From 28 th April to 2 nd May only, many Booster Packs and Account Services at the NCsoft store are 50% off! Deck out your character in some super heroic wedding attire in celebration of the Royal Wedding, or visit your friends on other servers.
· Show other players your dedication with the Vanguard pack, anniversary badges, and the new Loyalty emotes
· Partake in a series of epic in-game battles to save Earth from the invading Praetorian army throughout the month of May.
· Join the Paragon Studios team for a live Ustream chat on 28 th at 03:00 CEST (02:00 BST), and get a sneak peak at next City of Heroes Booster Pack.
· Fans are also encouraged to look around the web in the coming weeks as we explore how we got here in a variety of commentaries from the developers at Paragon Studios. Hear about their favourite Issues, their fondest memories and their best pranks.
For more information on City of Heroes and the seventh anniversary activities including interview time with the developers reflecting on the evolution of Paragon Studios, please visit the City of Heroes website on www.cityofheroes.com.
Paragon Studios is a wholly owned development studio of NCsoft West and is dedicated to the growth of the City of Heroes franchise. Located in Mountain View, California, the team at Paragon Studios brings the world of comic books alive in a massively multiplayer 3D online universe. For more about Paragon Studios, visit www.paragonstudios.com.
NCsoft, headquartered in Seoul, Korea, is the world's premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games, including the critically acclaimed Aion®, Lineage®, Guild Wars®, and City of Heroes franchises. NCsoft West is a division of NCsoft that holds operating responsibilities for North America, Europe, South America, and Australia/New Zealand. More information can be found at www.ncsoft.com