Luton– 11th June 2008– Rising Star Games is pleased to announce the release of R-Type Tactics for the Sony PSP. Available across Europe from September 26th 2008, this next instalment sees the classic brand reinvent itself as a tactical game, growing up with its fans throughout its 21 year legacy.
With a pedigree which includes a reputation for being one of the best side-scrolling shooters in gaming history, the R-Type franchise is considered to be a cult masterpiece of the shooter genre. Celebrating its 21st year since first appearing in Japanese gaming arcades in 1987, R-Type Tactics melds this classic brand with state-of-the-art tactical gameplay.
About the Game
In a desperate war against the mysterious alien race known as the Bydo, humanity sends wave after wave of fighters into Bydo space none of which are ever heard from again. Mankind's main hope now resides with a lone commander sent to lead a small armada on a perilous mission into the heart of the Bydo Empire. Low on fuel and forcedto scavenge resources and equipment from the surroundings, the commander must use all his cunning and wits if he hopes to succeed, let alone make it home alive.
“R-Type has one of the strongest brand heritages in the gaming industry,” said Martin Defries, managing director of Rising Star Games.“Many fans have grown up with R-Type, grown older and more mature. It’s fitting that in its 21st year the franchise has acknowledged this and created a game for these fans that is both refreshingly new and familiar at the same time.”
• Upgrade your fighters to take maximum advantage of the battle field
• Battle the gigantic enemies which occupy multiple hexagonal grids
• Your arsenal includes fighters, warships, carriers, EWACS, re-supply vessels and bombers
• Customise your aircraft for optimal effectiveness
• Employ tactics and strategy with every different weapon in your armament
• Capture enemy units and integrate them into your own fleet
• Create your own fighters from cannibalised captured units
• Discover hidden maps to gain access to the secret stages
• Browse the 3D model data vault
• Unlock the Gallery Mode and savour the beautiful graphics
For further information, screen shots and press samples (when available), please
Richard Barclay– Rising Star Games firstname.lastname@example.org
France– Atari France Julie Carneiro
Germany– Eidos Germany GmbH Sven Liebold
Spain– Virgin Play Diana Radetski
Italy– Atari Italy
- ENDS -
About Rising Star Games
Rising Star Games Limited is a video games publisher for Sony PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii plus PlayStation 2 in the PAL territory. The firm will be publishing its first Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 titles during 2009. A joint venture between Japanese publisher/developer Marvelous Interactive and long standing Nintendo Nordic distributor Bergsala AB, the company introduces new games alongside enhanced and updated versions of some of interactive entertainment’s most successful franchises. www.risingstargames.com