Learn to establish Scrum in your studio by becoming a Scrum Master in the only class that focuses on game development from the Certified Scrum Trainer with 15 years of game development experience.
This two-day course provides the fundamental principles of Scrum through hands-on experience. Put theory into action through extensive use of exercise and a project simulation. This class is specifically tailored for those working in video game development. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and practices such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burn-down charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Learn to apply practical, project-proven practices that have worked for numerous video game projects
• The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
• How to write user stories for the product backlog
• How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
• How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
• How to help producers, artists, designers and programmers work together effectively
• How to work with publishers and others outside the team who may not be familiar with Scrum
• Tips and tricks from an instructor with 15 years of game development experience and 5 years of experience applying Scrum to game development
Upon completion of the course, each participant will be designated Certified ScrumMaster by the Scrum Alliance and receive a year’s membership in the organization.
Pricing and Availability
The Certified Scrum Master for Game Development Course is being held at the new Intercontinental Hotel one block from the Moscone Center on Monday March 23rd through Tuesday March 24th; during the week of GDC. The course has limited seating and is available for $1500 USD by visiting http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=690375
More details for the course can be found at http://www.agilegamedevelopment.com/CKC/CSM4VG_Brochure.pdf
About Clinton Keith
Clinton Keith, a Certified Scrum Trainer, is the former CTO of High Moon Studios, a video developer in San Diego. Clinton has over 20 years of professional development experience and 15 years in video game development experience. His games include Midnight Club, Darkwatch, Bourne Conspiracy and numerous others. Clinton introduced agile development methodologies to High Moon Studios in 2003 and to the rest of the video game industry in 2005 through GDC and his popular blog at www.agilegamedevelopment.com. For any questions contact Clint at email@example.com.