Twain Harte, CA – October 23, 2012 – Reverb Publishing and Phoenix Online Studios have announced that the Season Pass for their upcoming mystery adventure, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller , is now available for pre-order on in Europe exclusively on GamersGate ( http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-COGN/cognition-an-erica-reed-thriller-season-pass-bundle) at the discounted price of £17.99. Fans who pre-order will not only gain access to each of the four episodes as they are released from October 30th (a £27.96 value), but will also receive digital copies of an exclusive prequel comic and the full soundtrack for the first episode, “The Hangman”.
To download the demo for Cognition , please visit: http://www.postudios.com/CognitionFiles/Episode1PlayableDemo
Following the launch of the game, individual episodes will also be available for purchase for £6.99, and the Season Pass will be available as a package with the prequel comic for £20.99. The e-comic and soundtrack will also be available for individual purchase following release.
From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is an engrossing narrative with a truly evocative atmosphere. This chilling point-and-click adventure is a thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. With the use of her post-cognition abilities – seeing an object’s past with a touch – players are challenged to unravel a complex tableau of characters, plots and puzzles, over the course of four episodes.
Key features include:
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
- Fully-Realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors help round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Choices Matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
- Mind-Bending Challenges – The game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning Art – The breathtaking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true “indie dream team”, the line-up includes comics artist Romano Molenaar ( Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen ( Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.
ABOUT REVERB PUBLISHING:
Launched in 2010, Reverb Publishing offers digital publishing to independent game developers on PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade, PC, iOS and Android, combining production and business development support paired with the proven public relations and marketing agency expertise from its parent company, Reverb Communications. Reverb Publishing’s unique business model is form fitted for studios, ensuring that they receive the majority of the game’s revenue and maintain ownership of their titles while Reverb handles all the non-developmental tasks including production support, navigating QA, and preparing for product submission.
The PR veterans at Reverb Communications have worked on recognizable brands like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, The Beatles: Rock Band, Dance Central, Star Trek Online, as well as stellar digital titles like Battle Slots, Army of Darkness, BloodRayne: Betrayal, Kung Fu LIVE and the critically-acclaimed Dungeon Defenders.
For more information about Reverb Publishing, please visit www.reverbpublishing.com.
ABOUT PHOENIX ONLINE STUDIOS:
Phoenix Online Studios is a game development company dedicated to making engaging, compelling, cutting edge and generally awesome adventure games. With a devoted team of individuals from all over the globe, Phoenix Online Studios is a passionate developer in pursuit of creating engaging games with strong characters and intriguing storylines. Their upcoming game, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is one of the most anticipated adventure games of 2012. They are also the creators of The Silver Lining, a non-commercial game based on and inspired by the King's Quest series.
For more information about Phoenix Online Studios, visit www.postudios.com.
(209) 586-1495 ex. 117
Jerry Whitehead III
(209) 586-1495 ex. 111