NEW YORK - February 15, 2012
PuzzleSocial today announced that Crosswords has achieved 100,000 active users on Facebook in the first month of its beta release. Crosswords is the first social crossword puzzle experience for Facebook, appealing to the roughly 50 million crossword puzzle solvers in the US, and millions more abroad.
“We’re extremely pleased with the level of engagement we have seen throughout the first month of beta testing,” said PuzzleSocial CEO Jeb Balise, “we remain focused on offering daily, relevant, high-quality content from the best constructors in the world alongside innovative social features that will bring people together through the joy of solving.”
Crosswords offers four daily puzzles from the nation’s most published newspaper constructors and features the first ever daily Celebrity puzzle constructed exclusively for the application. Each of these daily puzzles can then be solved via a variety of game types.
Players can choose between the two modes:
- For Fun: In this mode there is no timer, wrong answers are shown (optionally) in red, and players can choose to reveal sections of the board where they are stuck.
- For Stats: This mode removes all of the hints and shortcuts of the “For Fun” mode and adds a timer to record scores for comparison against players around the world on the leader board.
- Singles: Solve the puzzle alone.
- Doubles: Collaborate with a friend to solve the puzzle in real time.
- Head to Head: Solve the day’s puzzle in real time against a competitor.
- Tournaments: Play against solvers from around the world in a tournament format.
PuzzleSocial is a social gaming company based in New York, NY. The company is committed to the long-term goal of reinventing audience-driven games, pastimes, and activities across social networks to create richer, more enjoyable gaming experiences.
Zach Fuller, TriplePoint for PuzzleSocial