21st September, 2011 - Hampshire, UK/... Today, Deep Silver and California developer Papaya Studio revealed further information about their action adventure Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion for Nintendo 3DS™. The game brings a large cast of popular characters from Cartoon Network’s original programmes together in one epic adventure.
A mysterious force is swapping and merging nine Cartoon Network universes together, forcing unlikely partnerships and dastardly new alliances of evil. Dexter and the forces of good must piece together the inter-dimensional puzzle which is pulling the universes together before it is too late. Featuring the casts of some of Cartoon Network‘s most iconic shows, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion is the network‘s first-ever all-star brawler set to make its debut on the Nintendo 3DS. Fans can go toe-to-toe with characters from their favourite Cartoon Network shows including Ben 10, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter‘s Laboratory, Samurai Jack and many more.
· Featuring over 40 characters, 18 of them being playable characters, representing eleven popular Cartoon Network IPs
· Original story that combines popular locations and events: players face all oftheir favourite villains and heroes from across the Cartoon Network universe
· Features 32 stages in multi-layered environments showing iconic locations from nine Cartoon Network universes with all the background flavour and supporting characters
· Various gameplay modes:
- Single Player Story Mode contains an original story written by a Cartoon Network writer and allows players to experience a variety of gameplay styles while travelling through the Cartoon Network universes
- Battle Mode (Multiplayer): 4-player competitions over Wi-Fi, players can battle their friends in any of 21 arenas
- Battle Mode (vs CPU): Players can go it alone in a rumble against 1-3 of their favourite characters
· A wealth of different gameplay elements:
- Special “Assist pickups” summon characters to help the player during battle
- “Super Attacks”, triggering over-the-top cutscenes and attacks
- Alternate outfits and player colours per character
- Three levels of difficulty
- Unlock special bonus & hidden characters
- Nintendo 3DS download play: play with up to 3 friends using one single game-card
- Players can customise the rules for battle arenas: adjust game timers, amount of lives per character and how often pickups are spawned
- Replay levels with newly unlocked heroes
Deep Silver will publish Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion for Nintendo 3DS in Europe on 18 th November 2011.
Publisher: Deep Silver
Developer: Papaya Studio
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: Action Adventure
Age Rating: USK 12, PEGI 12
Number of players: 1-4
Release: 18th November 2011
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires. Deep Silver products are designed to equally appeal to pros and beginners, children and adults.
Deep Silver has published more than 100 games since 2003, including the Chernobyl shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and Prison Break: The Conspiracy, the action adventure based on the popular TV series, plus own brands like the action role-playing game Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, successful adventures such as the Secret Files series and Lost Horizon, the Horse Life series of horse simulations, and the role-playing game Risen. Deep Silver has announced more upcoming highlights such as Dead Island, the worldwide highly anticipated zombie slasher / action RPG and Risen 2, the sequel to the hit RPG. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
About Papaya Studio
Papaya Studio is an independent video game developer based out of Southern California. Founded in 1999, Papaya Studio is recognized by many in the industry as one of the most innovative and talented development companies to emerge in recent times. Staffed with experienced and seasoned team members, with a combined experience of over 20 years.
Since founded, Papaya Studio has gone on to develop over a dozen successful and high profile titles such as Top Gear: Dare Devil, Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey, Toy Story Mania!, Cars Toon Mater’s Tall Tales (Wii), Coraline, Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks, Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction, and most recently Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion for the 3DS. For more information please visit www.papayastudio.com.
About Turner CN Enterprises
Turner CN Enterprises, the licensing division of Turner Broadcasting, is now responsible for six key business areas across the EMEA region including Consumer Products, Events, Brand Licensing, DVD, Non Linear and Mobile. The business is charged with building consumer product franchises for Turners children’s properties and adults brands and characters from the channel's growing library of award-winning original programming. Turner CN Enterprises also works to secure and support long-term licensee partnerships across all key merchandising categories including DVD and EST (Electronic Sell Through) content on mobile and online platforms. The division currently offers consumer product programs for an array of animation franchises including Ben 10, Generator Rex, Bakugan, Hero 108, The Powerpuff Girls, Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends and Robotboy. It also licenses brands including Adult Swim, CNN and Turner Classic Movies.
Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2011 Nintendo.