26th October 2012: Distinctive Games announced today that its smash hit free-to-play longboarding game Downhill Xtreme is now available for Android. Downhill Xtreme has already enjoyed more than 2.5 million downloads since launch in April, and this new Android version comes complete with major online social features, such as the ability for players to find their friends through Facebook and compete against their fastest times, across both Android and Apple iOS devices.
Downhill Xtreme has been acclaimed by gamers, review websites and the extreme sports community as the most realistic and fun-to-play longboarding simulation ever, with gorgeous 3D graphics, smooth accelerometer controls, and gameplay that captures the speed thrills of this demanding sport, as well as its culture and music, with major worldwide artists We Outspoken, Kidd Russell and The Clench all providing songs for the soundtrack.
Here are just some of the critical reactions to Downhill Xtreme:
“Plenty of good stuff going on in Downhill Xtreme...Xcellent. 4/5”
“The game is a blast”
“One of the best free iOS apps of the week.”
Downhill Xtreme features:
- Free-to-play game now for Android-compatible devices
- Real-time newsfeeds and cross-platform social play connectivity between iOS and Android devices through Facebook
- Lush 3D graphics with special lighting effects and precise tilt controls
- Huge number of unlockable tracks in locations around the world including the USA, France and Chile
- Earn XP and gold coins to unlock better boards, equipment, tracks and customisable character options
- Offline and online racing, plus special daily and weekly “Outlaw” events that are available only for a limited time
- Killer soundtrack featuring songs from artists including We Outspoken, Kidd Russell and The Clench
- Custom collection of boards from basic models to high performance, designer boards - including the new “golden” Spartan board - plus a wide selection of wheels for improved acceleration and drift
Downhill Xtreme is out now as a free download on Android and is also available to download on the Apple App Store for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The new iPad is supported at full iPad retina screen resolution.
Watch the Downhill Xtreme trailer here: www.distinctivegames.com/?page_id=63&game=18
For more information on Downhill Xtreme:
Join more than 14,000 other fans on the Facebook group: www.facebook.com/downhillxtreme
Follow Distinctive Games on Twitter: @distinctivegame
+44 (0)7776 121 605
Since 2001, Distinctive Developments has been developing award-winning mobile titles for all major gaming publishers, such as Electronic Arts (EA), SEGA, Eidos (Square Enix) and PopCap. Distinctive has worked on a number of high profile gaming brands, including the FIFA franchise (since 2002), Sonic the Hedgehog, Tomb Raider Underworld as well as many well-known consumer brands looking to build or revamp their mobile identities.
Alongside developing games for publishing and marketing partners, Distinctive has been releasing its own suite of successful mobile titles, including Hockey Nations, the Rugby Nations franchise, Boomtime Baseball, Football Kicks, Dead Runner and My Army: Reloaded. In the past 12 months in addition to acquiring over 13m new gamers, Distinctive Games has been receiving positive exposure also outside the traditional gaming media, such as appearing as in-store and exhibition demos as well as in a major TV advert showed to over 100 million viewers. More about Distinctive Developments Ltd can be found at www.distinctivegames.com