NEW YORK - Mar. 21, 2012 - Gamification Summit has today announced the addition of Dan Porter of OMGPOP, creator of the hit game Draw Something, to the list of featured speakers at the third GSummit. Taking place in San Francisco June 19-21 and with limited workshop space selling out quickly, GSummit h also extended its Early Bird pricing, representing $300 in savings, until March 29.
At GSummit, Porter will share OMGPOP’s secrets on how to build lasting, gamified community engagement around well-crafted social game experiences. The hit Draw Something is now the most popular Facebook-connected game, unseating Zynga for the record, and has reached over 20 million downloads in just a few short weeks.
In addition to Porter, a host of additional new GSummit speakers have been announced:
- Dave Cobb, Thinkwell– An award-winning theme park and museum experience designer, Dave will speak on how real-world gamification and live action games can be used to engage audiences.
- Jeff Atwood, founder of StackOverflow- The creator of the #1 technical Q&A site shares the secrets of surfacing experts, encouraging collaboration and creating positive feedback loops.
- Nadya Direkova, Google- Game and UX designer Direkova shares the 16 most important patterns for user engagement, drawing from her extensive research at the search giant.
- Sunny Lee, Mozilla Foundation- Project leader for OpenBadges Lee helps us rethink lifelong education, recruitment and credentialing with gamification.
- Chris Makarsky, Klout- The product mastermind behind the controversial scoring system for influence discusses the power of credibility scores and how to build a system your users will want to game.
- Matt MacLaurin, eBay- Gamifying marketplaces and global commerce - the eBay Labs example.
- Ray Wang, Constellation Research- This research superstar shares the top trends from enterprise gamification and the biggest surprises constellation’s uncovered.
Gamification Summit 2012 will take place June 19-21 in San Francisco. To receive Early Bird pricing for the conference and workshops, visit http://GSummit.com by March 29.
About Gamification Co.
Gamification Co is the only transmedia company exclusively dedicated to Engagement Science and Gamification. The group publishes the Gamification Blog and related books, organizes the Gamification Summit & Workshops and provides consulting expertise to facilitate this burgeoning industry. Gamification is the use of game thinking and game mechanics to solve problems and engage audiences, and its power is radically reshaping industries from marketing to HR, education to health care, improving lives, solving problems and generating unprecedented growth. Gartner Group forecasts that Gamification will be used by 70% of the Global 2000 by 2015, spending over $2Bn on related products, services and technologies according to M2 Research. For more information on Gamification Co and how to leverage the power of game mechanics, visit http://Gamification.Co.