We have some exciting news from CCP today regarding their free to play massively multiplayer online shooter, DUST 514® , currently in closed beta exclusively on PlayStation 3. Recently, CCP launched the latest version of the game, CODEX. If you’re not familiar, this newest update features a significant amount of enhancements and improvements to DUST . CCP has constantly been gathering feedback from beta players and implementing that into each major update to the beta. Some of the newest updates in Codex include:
· Corporations: Just like in EVE Online, players can join forces to communicate, strategize and eliminate opposing squads by joining and forming corporations in DUST 514
· Female avatars: The variety of mercenary increases as the ability to create a female mercenary is added to the DUST 514 beta.
· New Weapons: The expansive list of weapons and their abilities increases with the Codex update. Buffs to existing weapons are joined by new melee weapons and lethal new guns.
· Skills: Earn and accrue skill points in battle to improve advantage on the battlefield.
· Environments: The battlegrounds of DUST 514 are now as diverse as planets in New Eden.
Additionally this weekend all players that log in and play DUST 514 will earn Double Skill Points (SP) from their battles. Every battle from 2 nd – 8 th November will award twice the SP, making player’s skills skyrocket the more they take part in beta hostilities. The DUST 514 beta is online 23/7, so log on and jump into battle.
DUST 514 is currently in closed beta, exclusively on PlayStation 3. For more information or to sign up for the beta, visit www.dust514.com and follow the game on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/DUST514) and Twitter (@dust514).
FOR MEDIA ONLY:
Throughout the duration of its closed beta, DUST 514 has remained mostly under NDA for beta participants and under embargo for the media. In the past, we’ve shared different embargo details with you as updates to the beta rolled along. Today, I’m excited to let you know that as of today, November 2, CCP is lifting the preview embargo on the closed beta for all media, to coincide with the release of the Codex build.
So whether you’ve kept up with the game or haven’t played in a while, I’d like to invite you to take some time to jump back into the DUST 514 universe. If you need additional assets or b-roll, please let me know. You’re also welcome to capture direct feed, but we’re asking that you keep preview footage at 5 minutes max.
If you have any questions, or you need a beta code for you or your writer(s), please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy the game! And as always, please let me know if you post any previews or impressions from this latest update.