MOUNT ROYAL, NJ - June 12, 2012 – Dustin Clingman, CEO, Zee Gee Games, was elected chair of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) during the board of directors’ annual meeting. Other positions elected in the meeting were Ed Fries, Former VP, Microsoft Game Studios, as Treasurer, and Jane Pinckard, Associate Director, Center for Games and Playable Media at UC Santa Cruz, Secretary. Brian Robbins, Founder of Riptide Games transitioned from Chair to the position of Chair Emeritus.
Clingman, a long time member of the IGDA, says he is excited to be leading the board on new initiatives.
"We are looking forward to pushing the organization forward in new areas and directions," said Clingman. "We continue to grow our IGDA Scholars program with Develop Brighton participating this year. And we're also enhancing our IGDA Summit event in July with new tracks and inspiring, thought-provoking keynotes."
The IGDA Board of Directors also recently welcomed Fries and Sheri Rubin as first-term members. “We had a strong set of candidates this year,” said Pinckard, “and we have a great board with a diverse and complementary skill set. We’re all looking forward to working with our new board members Ed and Sheri.”
IGDA's complete list of 2012-2013 Directors:
• Dustin Clingman (Chair) - CEO, Zee Gee Games
• Ed Fries - (Treasurer) Former VP, Microsoft Game Studios
• Jane Pinckard (Secretary) - Associate Director, Center for Games and Playable Media at UC Santa Cruz
• Brian Robbins (Chair Emeritus) – Founder, Riptide Games
• Wendy Despain – Writer and Designer, International Hobo Ltd.
• Darius Kazemi – Director of Community Development, Bocoup
• Cordy Rierson, Studio Head, Microsoft Studios
• Sheri Rubin - Founder and CEO, Design Direct Deliver
• Coray Seifert – Director of Product Development, Slingo
The IGDA Board of Directors would like to thank all of the former directors and officers for their service to the association and all the IGDA members who voted in the most recent election.
Visit www.igda.org/directors for more information.
About the International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
In its 17th year, the International Game Developers Association is the largest non-profit membership organization serving individuals who create video games. The IGDA is committed to advancing the careers and enhancing the lives of game developers by connecting members with their peers, promoting professional development, and advocating on issues that affect the developer community. For more information on the IGDA, please visit www.igda.org.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Rob Brown
The Bohle Company for IGDA
(310) 785 0515 Ext 231