18 October 2012, Roswell, GA
Tripwire Interactive and Power of 2 are pleased to announce that Dwarfs!? - the annoyingly addictive little game of dwarves, mining, gold and monsters - is now free to play on Steam. At $9.99, the game spent months sitting in the Top 10 on Steam's "Indie" category after launch, having spent the first week as Number 1 and recieved praise for being "good value". Now it is even better value - free.
The FREE version includes:
- Addictive Arcade Mode with two difficulty levels
- Challenge Mode, where you can put your overseer-abilities to the test with, well, challenges
- Tutorial mode, voiced by none other than Simon of Yogscast fame
- Leaderboards and Achievements to show everyone the size of your beard
- ...and Zombies!
And for those that want to expand the game (you were wondering how it would make any money, weren't you?), there will be a number of available expansion packs that you can buy as DLC:
- Difficulty pack: adds two more difficulty levels to the core Arcade mode, for some serious challenge, if you think you're hard enough!
- Endless mode pack: where you can keep mining forever, and ever, and ever…
- Base defend pack: like Tower Defense, but you have a Base, not a Tower; and the tunnels aren't laid out for you - your Dwarfs dig them
- Skirmish pack: adds 3 more modes - Rush Mode, where the Dwarf spawning knows no bounds; Dark Mode, where the whole cave is, well, dark, making exploring more exciting (and dangerous) and Sandbox Mode, where you can basically do everything you ever dreamed of (so long as you dream of dwarves)
- Summer Carnival pack: the extra mode added for the Summer event - lots of goblins to throw axes at; you don't get to throw the dwarves - you need to use the Dwarf Cannon in Arcade Mode for that!
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award-winning mod team and winners of the 2004 edition of the "$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal" competition. The team released Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, to both critical and commercial success, garnering several awards including "Multiplayer Game of the Year" and "FPS of the Year". This was followed by the immensely popular Killing Floor, which went straight to the top of the best-seller list on Steam and has now sold over 1.4m units, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time. Red Orchestra 2 was released in September 2011, to high praise and PC Gamer's award for "FPS of the Year (Multiplayer)". Along with publishing other Indie titles, Tripwire Interactive continues to build a reputation for strong support for all their titles over a prolonged period of time. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive's website at www.tripwireinteractive.com.
About Power of Two
Power of Two Games is a newly formed Game Studio located on Gotland, a small, sunny island off the coast of Sweden. As the name implies, Power of Two is made up of two people: one artist and one programmer. With simply brilliant and brilliantly simple ideas, such a team can do wonders – and we do! Cooking with ingredients like addictiveness, challenge and pure mad fun, Power of Two Games is the mortal enemy of boredom. To find out more, see the website: po2games.com.