SHERMAN OAKS, C.A., June 6, 2012 / -- Performance Designed Products, LLC, the number one manufacturer of third-party game controllers and communicators, announced today a new line of feature-packed wired and wireless gaming headsets. The Afterglow headsets are optimized with the latest Avnera® wireless solution to provide rock-solid connectivity and crystal-clear gaming audio for both the Xbox 360® and PlayStation 3® game systems and because the headsets are universal, they will work with all gaming platforms as well as PC and mobile devices. The new wireless Afterglow headset is powered by a Lithium Polymer Rechargeable Battery that provides 10 hours of worry-free gaming and includes a 10’ foot Play-and-Charge cable to ensure zero downtime for marathon gaming sessions. A small USB transmitter dongle comes pre-paired to the powerful, extended range headset and never needs to be re-paired, guaranteeing ease-of-use and a constant connection throughout the entire home.
The Afterglow headsets feature a dual suspension headband that eliminates lateral pressure on the ears and head, a retractable noise cancelling microphone, and cutting edge wireless technology that eliminates pops, hisses, and dropped signals. In addition, the headsets feature large, 50mm Neodymium® speakers that sit inside an angled acoustic cavity tuned by an award-winning Hollywood audio post-production facility. The custom designed speakers are calibrated for audio depth, sonic richness, and clarity of sound. Both versions of the Afterglow headset feature three distinct audio modes:
· Pure Audio: Enjoy your game audio content in its original form at the highest possible quality.
· Bass Boost: If you appreciate earth-shaking explosions, Bass Boost will give low-end frequencies a boost without losing high-end clarity.
· Immersive: Introducing PDP’s proprietary 3D sound algorithm. With a capable DSP on board, a team of acoustic engineers and artists created this sound mode after extensive research and development. This mode expands the size of virtual environments without distorting the directionality, creating an immersive experience for the listener that’s only one step short of being there.
"We’re proud to introduce a product that delivers the highest sound quality in the industry at the most affordable price,” said Bill Otte, VP of Marketing and Sales at PDP. "Our team has worked hard to create exceptional sonic technology and combined with the ‘cool factor’ that’s synonymous with the Afterglow name."
PDP is also releasing a completely redesigned version of the Afterglow controllers, the most popular third-party gaming controller on the market, for the Xbox 360®, Playstation 3®, and Wii®. The new Afterglow controller will feature a sleek new design and a softly ambient pulsing glow available in red, green, and blue. Updated VR analog firmware will give the controller a tighter feel closer to first-party units and greater precision with integrated rumble technology. The Xbox 360® Afterglow controller will feature an extended cusp and analog triggers for increased precision and comfort. The Wii® will now sport “ + ” and “ - “ buttons adjacent to the “A” button for optimal thumb positioning to allow faster player response in addition to built in Wii ™ Motion Plus™ functionality.
PDP has also updated the Afterglow Communicator line. Both the Afterglow Playstation 3® Bluetooth Communicator and the Afterglow Xbox 360® Wired Communicator offer an attractive new design with an illuminated and visible component board. The Afterglow Playstation 3® Bluetooth® Communicator also features 10 hours of talk time in addition to 180 hours of stand-by battery life. The unit will auto-connect to the last connected device when powered on for convenience. The Afterglow Xbox 360® Wired Communicator will feature a rotating microphone allowing left or right ear placement and a larger mute button and dial volume control.
Also new for 2012 is a line of Afterglow HDMI cables. The Afterglow HDMI cables feature HDMI V1.4 with Ethernet, 1080p full HD with 3D high-data capacity, 30 AWG wire for high speed data. The Afterglow HDMI cable heads light up in different colors for easy identification and quicker connections in the dark spaces behind most TVs. The Afterglow HDMI cable series ranges from a single head available in red, green, blue, or orange to a 4-head HDMI cable in multiple colors, and features multiple patent-pending cable management systems. The Afterglow HDMI cables will be available this fall for an MSRP ranging from $29.95 to $99.95.
The Afterglow Wired and Wireless gaming headsets, controllers, communicators, and HDMI cables can be viewed along with the full offering of PDP products at the Los Angeles Convention Center West Hall – Booth #5212, during Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) from June 5 to 7, 2012.
Afterglow Wired Stereo Gaming Headset
- 50mm Neodymium Drivers.
- Professionally acoustically tuned, both mechanically and electronically for depth, richness and clarity of sound.
- 3 Digital Audio Modes: Raw Audio, Bass Boost, and 3D Cinema Surround.
- Retractable noise canceling microphone with active listening LED indicator and microphone monitoring to help you communicate effectively.
- Dual-suspension headband design eliminates lateral pressure on ears, allowing for hours of comfortable gaming.
- Feather-light headband lined with soft Alcattara® cloth.
- Anatomically contoured protein enriched ear pads.
· Smart-connect technology allows Afterglow to work with any platform without adjusting buttons or switches.
· All gaming controls conveniently located on the left ear cup for easy access.
· MSRP: $59.95
· Available: September 2012
Afterglow Wireless Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset
• Powered by the latest Avnera® wireless solution, the leader in Hi-Definition Wireless Audio Connectivity, providing a constant and clear connection to your game audio.
• Boasts wireless connectivity with all gaming platforms. Includes wire connection for PCs, music players, and smart phones.
• Comes pre-paired with transmitter.
• 40 meters. wireless range.
• Miniaturized transmitter to eliminate clutter.
• Lithium Polymer Battery provides 10 hours of active gaming on a single charge. Play and Charge cable included.
• 50mm Neodymium® Drivers
• Professionally-tuned mechanical and electronic components designed for depth, richness and clarity of sound by leading Hollywood sound studio.
• Three digital audio modes: Raw Audio, Bass Boost, and 3D Cinema Surround.
• Retractable noise canceling microphone with active-listening LED indicator and microphone monitoring to ensure effective communication.
• Dual-suspension headband design eliminates lateral pressure on ears, allowing hours of comfortable gaming.
• Feather-light headband lined with soft Alcattara® cloth.
• Anatomically contoured protein-enriched ear pads.
• Smart connect technology allows Afterglow® to work with any platform without adjusting buttons or switches.
• All gaming controls conveniently located on the left ear cup for easy access.
· MSRP: $89.95
· Available: September 2012
For more information, please visit www.pdp.com.
For downloadable media assets please click here: xxxxxxxxxx
About Performance Designed Products, LLC
Performance Designed Products LLC ("PDP") ( http://www.pdp.com) is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing peripherals for all major video game platforms, including the Sony PS3®, PSP® and PlayStation Move®, Nintendo Wii®, DS™, DSi™, 3DS™, and Microsoft XBOX 360® and Kinect™.
PDP, a Patriarch Partners LLC portfolio company, has been supplying video game accessories to the U.S. market for over a decade.
With over 150 employees, PDP has offices located around the world. Our corporate headquarters and primary distribution center are located in Los Angeles, CA. We also have a satellite office in San Diego, CA that focuses on research and development activities. In 2006, we established a Representative Office in China that specializes in factory production management, logistics, and quality assurance. In 2007, the company opened up a subsidiary in the United Kingdom and expanded its operations into Europe.
We manufacture and distribute products under a variety of brands including Nintendo®, Xbox 360®, Sony®, Energizer®, NERF®, and Disney®, as well as the Afterglow® brand of lighted controllers for PS3®, XBOX 360® and Wii®. We also operate under license agreements with many software developers including Activision®, Konami® and Electronic Arts®.
Our products can be found in leading retailers across North America, including Wal-Mart®, Best Buy®, GameStop/EB Games®, Target®, Costco®, and Toys 'R' Us®. We are now widely available in European and United Kingdom retailers, including Game®, Argos®, and GameStop®.
PDP and Afterglow are registered trademarks of Performance Designed Products LLC. XBOX 360 is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.