E3, Los Angeles– June 3rd 2009– The knights of Paradox Interactive have today released a Q&A and new screens from E3 for their upcoming PC Strategy title, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, releasing later this year.
In the Q&A, Tom Söderlund, Executive Producer (or God as he likes to be known as) for Majesty 2 describes this long requested sequel which closely follows in the footsteps of the original game, while at the same time bringing all the key elements up to date. The much loved charm and humour of the original remain intact together with the unique indirect control scheme.
To view the Majesty 2 Q&A, please click here:
The developers attending E3 from Paradox Interactive are:
Kim Soares, Lead Designer for East India Company
Johan Andersson, Producer for Hearts of Iron 3
For those wishing to visit Paradox Interactive during E3, they can be found in the West Hall at Booth/Room #4529.
If you want to schedule last minute presentations and interviews, please contact:
Susana Meza, PR&Marketing Director
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy stable, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes original titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as the best published titles like the Penumbra series, Mount&Blade, Supreme Ruler 2020, Elven Legacy and the greatly-anticipated Majesty 2– The Fantasy Kingdom Sim.
Read more: http://www.paradoxplaza.com
Ino-Co is a Krasnodar-based studio, founded in 2004 by a group of highly-experienced game developers from various teams, brought together by the paramount objective to create excellent games focused on the genre that they all know and love. The studio's previous development project is Fantasy Wars, published worldwide by Atari. 1C:InoCo is a subsidiary of 1C Company.
Read more: http://www.ino-co.com/en
About 1C Company
1C Company specializes in distribution, publishing and development of mass market software. Founded in 1991, 1C has become the leading publisher and distributor of computer games in Eastern and Central Europe. 1C Company is widely acknowledged as a game developer and has several internal studios. Internal developments of 1C include IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters and Theatre of War. 1C Company works as a publisher and producer with over 30 independent development studios and has produced over 100 projects for PC and consoles.
Read more: http://www.1cpublishing.com
New features implemented in the beta version of the game that is showcased at E3:
· Campaign assembled - All the missions have been finished and are united into a single playable campaign. We now have lords, great artifacts, and a final boss.
· Hall of Lords - At the end of a mission, the player can promote a hero to the status of Lord. Lords can be called upon in later missions, after building a“Hall of Lords”.
· Basic heroes can be promoted to temple heroes - When a player builds a Temple to any god of Ardania, he can promote a corresponding basic hero to a temple hero. For example, if a player builds a Temple to Dauros he can promote regular warrior to a paladin Of Dauros.
· Magic Buildings are built magically (without peasants) - Mages Guilds and Magic Towers are built now by means of magic rather than by the hands of peasants.
· Tax Policy - New control mechanism implemented: Tax Policy. Now you can tune the amount of money your tax collector will gather in his rounds.
· Opposite hero types are hostile to each other - For example, elves don’t like dwarves and dwarves don’t like elves. They will use some special abilities on each other. There are also other unit types who do not appreciate each other’s company.
About Majesty 2
In the world of Majesty, you are the ruler of the kingdom of Ardania. At your service are your loyal though sometimes obnoxious subordinates, who have their own opinions about how things should be done. In this world, your heroes decide on their own what should be done and when, while you to try to control them, indirectly, through various incentives.
Majesty 2 is scheduled for release during Q3 2009 and will be published worldwide by Paradox Interactive. It will be available for digital download at all larger digital download portals.
For more information about Majesty 2, please visit the official magical portal at: http://www.majesty2.com
At E3 in Los Angeles the development teams for East India Company and Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will also be showcasing brand new features on their eagerly anticipated titles.