ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - December 16, 2008
MysticGD, a leader in real-time character animation middleware, today announced the release of its latest version of EMotion FX, the real-time character animation and model export system.
What's new in this release:
• Realtime Motion Mirroring: This feature allows you to mirror the motion, playing the animation data of the left-handed side of the character on the right-handed side and the other way around. Only one motion is stored in memory. This feature can especially be very useful for sport games.
• Footplant IK Solver: A new inverse kinematics solver has been added, making it easier to plant feet on uneven terrain.
• Jiggle Controller: This new controller allows simple physics to be applied on bones. This is very useful to simulate things like hair, small pieces of cloth, breasts, and other fatty tissue. This controller uses its own internal physics, so no external physics system is required.
• 64-bit support: We now officially support the x64 platform. New libraries are included as well as 64-bit plugins for 3D Studio Max and Maya.
• DLL support: EMotion FX and MCore can now be used as a DLL on both x86 and x64 platforms. Note that this is not available in the evaluation version.
• iPhone support: we now also officially support the iPhone platform.
• Performance improvements: Major performance improvements for the Wii platform, and the performance of the PC build has also been improved.
• FBX motion loading support inside EMotion Studio: This can be used to directly test mocap data without having to export motions first.
• Exporter improvements: Several improvements and fixes have been made to the exporters.
• FX Material improvements: Boolean and vector parameters are now also being supported, as well as the active technique name.
• Updated console builds: All supporting the latest SDK's and compilers.
• Wii Example: We added an example that shows how to render on the Wii, using GPU skinning where possible.
• Distributable Exporters: You can now license special exporters that you can then ship with your game, allowing your end-users to create their own content.
To see more about EMotion FX, please visit the product website. Movies demonstrating some of the most important features are available online.
You can find EMotion FX at http://www.emotionfx.com.
Founded in Rotterdam, The Netherlands in 1999, MysticGD is a leader in real-time character animation products used by leading game developers such as EA, Ubisoft, Sony Online, Tilted Mill, Webzen, SimBin, Nexon Corporation, IMC Games, Piranha Bytes, EGN Co. and DragonFly GF Co.
For more information visit http://www.mysticgd.com.