For Immediate Release
Rotterdam, Netherlands - October 27th, 2009 - MysticGD, a leader in real-time character animation middleware, today announced the release of its latest version of EMotion FX, the real-time character animation and model export system.
"This release is a major step in the development and future of EMotion FX. A lot of work has been put into the new EMotion Studio. We believe good tools are the future of successful game middleware. Therefore we spent a lot of time writing a completely new EMotion Studio until we knew for sure that it was better than any existing on the market." said John van der Burg, Development Director.
The most important improvements and additions in v3.8 compared to the previous release are:
• New EMotion Studio: a completely new EMotion Studio. It is fully command based, supports undo/redo, multiple viewports, multiple characters, has very modern interfaces, is fully customizable, is scriptable and extensible through custom plugins.
• State-of-the-art Motion Compression: this new compression algorithm makes your motions 8 to 25 times smaller in memory.
• Smaller Motion Files: motion files, even when not compressed using the new algorithm, are now about 30% to 50% smaller in size.
• Improved Deformable Attachment System: it is now possible to add deformable attachments that add new nodes/bones, where these new bones are partially animated separately and partially by the main skeleton . This can simplify very advanced character customization extremely for artists.
• Improved Rendering: the new EMotion Studio now supports more advanced rendering, supporting HDR, blooming, depth of field, normal mapping, specular mapping and rim lighting.
• Improved examples: the examples have been improved to take advantage of the new render engine. There are 50 API examples! The new sample browser allows you to easily browse through them.
• Support for latest Max and Maya: the latest versions of 3D Studio Max and Maya are fully supported.
To see more about EMotion FX, please visit the product website. Movies demonstrating some of the most important features are available online. You can find EMotion FX at http://www.emotionfx.com.
Founded in Rotterdam, The Netherlands in 1999, MysticGD is a leader in realtime character animation products used by leading game developers such as EA, Ubisoft, Sony Online, Webzen, SimBin, Nexon Corporation, IMC Games and many others. For more information visit http://www.mysticgd.com.