BOSTON – Nov. 7, 2012 – Fans of arcade shooters, rejoice! Intense, top-down multiplayer shooter ErnCon: Multiplayer Combat is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Developed by Woo Games, ErnCon was built from the ground up for multiplayer gameplay. Starting with a detailed tutorial, players are introduced to the game’s workhorses, Fighters and Robots, and the high-powered weapons required in order to lay waste to their opponents—including Homing Missiles, Seeking Mines, Rail Guns, and Attack Drones. Once the stage has been set, it’s time to jump into battle with seven other players – fighting for loot, dodging asteroids, and strafing huge space stations sporting the latest weaponry.
ErnCon is a universal app compatible with the iPad, iPhone 3GS and above—and it can be played over Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G networks.
· Fight for your life in high-resolution, iPhone 5 optimized graphics
· Take part in epic space combat battles up to eight simultaneous players
· Select from more than 20 weapons and 12 "Elite" fighters and robots
· Choose a mission and start playing right away with a streamlined multiplayer setup
· Join five playable multiplayer missions from the start
· Earn cash and XP to unlock and purchase new fighters, robots, weapons – earn XP to unlock new multiplayer missions
· Add friends and send them boosts to help them in combat (and receive boosts from them in return)!
· Battle against Android users in cross-platform play
· Earn Game Center achievements
· Opt for one-player Survival Mode
· Show everyone who’s boss with Game Center leaderboards for all missions
“Harkening back to simpler times, ErnCon: Multiplayer Combat translates the intense ‘bullet hell’ gameplay from arcade shooters to 21 st century mobile gaming,” says Ernest Woo, founder and CEO of Woo Games. “I built ErnCon on my own—risking it all to come up with something new. If you like multiplayer games–and blasting things in deep space–this is the game for you :)”
ErnCon can be downloaded for free from the App Store: http://itunes.com/apps/ernconmultiplayercombat
To learn more about Woo Games, visit http://woogames.com/.
About Woo Games and Ernest Woo, Founder & CEO
Founded in 2009, Woo Games aims to build next-gen social games that make it easy for gamers of all ages to play together anytime, anywhere. With a desire to innovate on the promising Android platform, Ernest Woo entered the Android Developer Challenge 2 in 2009 with FRG— which became a top 20 finalist in the Action & Arcade category. Since this promising start, Ernest has developed games for various other platforms including a lit pressure-sensitive dance floor at LightSpace Corporation and smartphone browsers at MocoSpace.