Evochron Mercenary version 1.828 is now available for download and includes the improvements and fixes listed below. This update is required for multiplayer compatibility (including the updated server program).
The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. It can be downloaded at: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/evochron_mercenary1828.exe
Version 1.828 offers the following improvements, fixes, and changes:
- Fuel converters can now be directly installed on ships from station hangars.
- Locations of linked/friendly players in multiplayer are now displayed on the quadrant map (both large map and regular map).
- Support for roll, pitch, and yaw key and button controls now available simultaneously with enabled or disabled joystick/gamepad axis controls across different flight control modes.
- Distress call messages would sometimes display in certain menus/modes even when disabled, fixed.
- Alt key will now suspend dedicated weapon firing buttons in mouse flight control modes.
- Cockpit design revised to eliminate flickering on lower resolution displays.
- Error 502 occurring on some systems in carrier shipyards fixed.
- New window mode options added to swscreen.txt file system.
- Support for domain name multiplayer hosting added (DNS).
- 1280X720 added as a default resolution option.
- Several minor bug fixes.
The server program has also been updated for this build and includes the following improvements:
- Player built station logging fixed (2D version).
- Clan territory control stats now update much faster.
- Added option to save the entire chatlog history across multiple sessions to one file.
- Server performance status added to chatlog history option above for each save event.
- Support for using domain names for hosting addresses added (DNS).
- Chatlog save time interval now adjustable.
The game's official website is at: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/index.htm