Grenoble, France, September 12 th 2013 – There was country in the Ancient Middle East who made Rome tremble. A country who created an Empire and inflicted one of the worst defeats in Roman History. A fierce opponent who struggled for centuries, refusing to submit to be under the eagle.
These people where the Parthians. Equipped with fast horse archers and heavily armed knights called cataphracts, they became known as the nemesis of Rome!
Parthian Wars is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
The game features a map which covers the entire ancient Middle East, from Byzantium to the wild mountains of Persia and the Caucasus in the north, and the Arabian deserts and Persian Gulf in the south.
There are 4 historical scenarios and an hypothetical one:
- The Carrhae Campaign 53BC This scenario is about the attempt by the wealthy and ambitious Roman Triumvir Crassus to conquer the Parthian Empire in 53BC, and the ensuing events until the start of the Roman Civil War between Caesar and Pompeius in 50 BC.
- “What if” Caesar’s Revenge 44 BC This scenario is an hypothetical situation which simulates the campaign that Caesar had planned against the Parthians, before his assassination during the Ides of March 44 BC.
- Marcus Antonius 40 BC This scenario covers the great Parthian offensive against the Roman East at the time of Marcus Antonius in 40 BC, and Rome's counter-offensive led by Ventidius Bassus.
- Traianus Imperator 114 AD This scenario covers the great war led by Emperor Trajan against Parthia and Armenia in 114AD, with the aim of finally crushing and annexing both nations.
- Severus Strikes Back 197 AD This scenario covers the Parthian offensive in the East while a civil war between Septimius Severus and Clodius Albinus takes place in the West, and in the second stage a violent counterstrike by Severus in 197 AD that led him far into the heart of Mesopotamia
Ageod's innovative engine offers Regional Decision Cards, Weather, Attrition, Supply and Fog of War options, over 200 new historical leaders and units on top of an already vast database and much more!
Take note: Parthian Wars is an expansion to Alea Jacta Est and requires Alea Jacta Est.
Keep in mind that the Ageod forum will be the place to discuss this game and all aspects of future AGEOD releases, updates and news.
Get more information on Alea Jacta Est - Parthian Wars from its official product page.
About Alea Jacta Est - Parthian Wars
PARTHIAN WARS is a historical operational strategy game with simultaneous turns (WEGO system) that places you in command of Rome or their Eastern nemesis, the Parthians (from 53BC to 197AD).
You play the part of the military and political leadership, guiding your nation to victory, through some of the toughest conflicts of the Ancient world, represented by 5 challenging scenarios.
Parthian Wars is an expansion for Alea Jacta Est and requires Alea Jacta Est.