Swords&Scimitars is the fourth installment in the Field of Glory series of add-ons, following on from Rise of Rome, Storm of Arrows and Immortal Fire. The expansion releases on both PC and Mac formats and comes with a huge number of changes incorporated in the latest product update 1.4.0
For anyone buying the game in the week following release, we are cutting the price by 20%. That's the recession busting offer you've been waiting for !
Additions in Sword&Scimitars:
- <*>40 different armies including Early Crusader, Later Crusader, Fatimid Egyptian, Georgian, Seljuk Turk, Cuman, Komnenan Byzantine, Cilician Armenian, Syrian States, Arab Cities, Bedouin, Khwarazmian, Ayyubid Egyptian, Middle Serbian, Middle Bulgarian, Medieval Cypriot, Post Latin Conquest Byzantine, Latin Greece, Ilkhanid Mongol and Mamaluk Egyptian.*> <*>11 new historical battles including Antioch 1098AD (Early Crusaders vs/ Seljuks), Arbaq 957AD (Dailami vs. Dailami), Arsouf 1191AD (Later Crusader vs. Ayyubids), Durazzo 1081AD (Byzantines vs. Sicilian Norman), Dysert O’Dea 1318AD (Feudal English vs. Medieval Irish), Hattin 1187AD (Ayyubid vs. Crusaders), Manzikert 1071AD (Byzantines vs. Seljuks), River Indus 1221AD (Kwarazmian vs. Mongols), Starter Army Battle (Ilkhanid Mongol vs. Later Crusader), Starter Army Battle (Komnenan Byzantine vs. Ayyubid Egyptian), Tichenbrai 1106AD (Anglo-Norman vs. Feudal French) and Hattin 1187AD*> <*>218 new historical figure images and many more battle group formations for use in the scenario editor. There are now a total of 1,043 unique figures in the complete Field of Glory game system.*> <*>Soft Sand terrain type graphics and terrain effects.*>
Check out the product page for all information about the title !
Significant changes for the 1.40 patch (not S&S):
- <*>Ability to change a unit's evade setting. This allows the commander to decide if a unit will evade from combat or stand and fight giving a lot more control.*>
- <*>Ten new random maps for D.A.G. games.*>
- <*>New keyboard shortcuts for evades, facing and more. See the help section for more details.*>
- <*>In the 'New Game' and 'Issue Challenge' windows, it is now possible to sort historical scenarios by their year or their complexity.*>
- <*>Improved loading times.*>
- <*>Teasers for the next 4 army expansions.*>
- <*>Improved anarchy charges preventing impetuous units charging units behind stakes.*>
- <*>The 'attacked by artillery or firearm' die modifier for ranged combat cohesion tests is now applied if any ranged attack against the unit being tested used artillery/firearm, not just the current ranged combat.*>
- <*>Improved break, evade&rout move logic*>
- <*>When an allied leader is eliminated, only adjacent units that belong to the same nation will now have their cohesion tested.*>
- <*>Map editor: The unit palette is now organised by army book, to avoid excessively long lists of unit folders.*>
- <*>Map Editor: Improved the UI by using buttons with icons to select tools, instead of radio buttons.*>
- <*>In the map editor, the complexity field is now set automatically, rather than being user editable.*>
- <*>Battle group images are now stored in a way that uses less disk space making future patches much smaller.*>
- <*>Map Editor : It is possible to give units stakes in the map editor.*>
- <*>Fixed a crash bug (OutOfBoundsException in gamelogic.s.AncientsMovePathImp.intHexIDs).*>
- <*>Fixed all reported D.A.G. list errors in the Field of Glory forum.*>
If you wish to review Swords&Scimitars or the Field of Glory game system, do not hesitate to request a review code.