CAMBRIDGE, MA – August 29, 2012 - SUBATOMIC STUDIOS released Fieldrunners 2 version 1.1! This new update adds Game Center support for global leaderboards, so to jump start the competition, we’ve added the all new Time Trial map: Flash Fire. Get the game now to compete with your friends in the ultimate tower defense challenge!
Our top scientists at SubaLabs were thrilled with the response to Fieldrunners 2. Despite that, they were determined to improve the game even more with update v1.1! They spent the last four weeks toiling away in their secret, underground headquarters, adding more fun, more accessible gameplay, and basic social media to increase anonymous stalking. On the fun side of things, they’ve added global leaderboards and achievements with Game Center support, and a new Time Trial map called Flash Fire. On the fine tuning side, they’ve adjusted Casual mode to be much more accessible to new gamers by making small difficulty adjustments and adding better pro tips, while also making Endless mode a bit more challenging, as well as general bug fixes. Meanwhile, they’ve also added interesting and edgy social media features that give you in-game coins for liking Fieldrunners on Facebook and Tweeting your high score. Tweeting your high score results in a randomly generated humorous anecdote about how awesome you are. Let the fun begin!
- Beat those hard levels with an easier Casual mode!
- Amazing new time trial map - Flash Fire!
- Conquer the leaderboards with Game Center!
- Faster levels fit your on-the-go lifestyle!
- Finally beat Scrambled Eggs on Hard!
- Can you spot the changes in Bizarre Bazaar?
- Get coins for sharing scores on Twitter!
- Glorious music is now bug free!
- Enable low-fi mode to fix crashes!
- Save your progress when exiting maps!
- Push notifications that won’t annoy you!
- Tackle the challenging Endless mode!
- General bug fixes and more!
The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD!
Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Get ready to defend the world!
- Pint sized invaders seeking revenge!
- Hours of action across a huge world stuffed with levels!
- 20 unique, upgradable weapons for stopping the enemies in style!
- Retina display support makes hyper detailed hand painted artwork shine!
- Air strikes, mines, and powerful items let you attack with the precision of a surgeon!
- Sudden Death, Time Trial, and Puzzle type levels put a fresh spin on tower defense!
- Trenches, bridges, and tunnels make strategic choices more important than ever!
- Customizable loadouts so you can pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
- Revolutionary AI lets the fieldrunners move with stunning realism!
- Elite enemy types bring new challenges to the battlefield!
- A tower that launches bee hives!
About Subatomic Studios
Subatomic Studios, based in Cambridge, MA, is an award-winning independent developer of video games for handheld and mobile devices. Fieldrunners, the studio’s flagship game, combines gorgeous artwork with fine-tuned tower defense gameplay, allowing Subatomic Studios to captivate mobile gamers everywhere with a truly unique entertainment experience. Fieldrunners was first released for the iPhone and iPod Touch, followed by versions for the iPad, the PSP, the Nintendo DSi, BlackBerry, Android, Chrome Web Store, Roku, Gametree TV, and more!
# # #
Cambridge, MA, USA