London (18th February 2009)– Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES®: Echoes of Time™ will be released in Europe and across PAL territories on 27th March 2009, exclusively on both Nintendo DS™ and Wii™ systems.
Introducing the World’s first cross-platform multiplayer adventure for the Nintendo DS&Wii systems! Set in the fun and friendly CRYSTAL CHRONICLES universe of the FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time delivers a unique and innovative experience where both Nintendo platforms come together in perfect harmony.
With truly advanced 3D graphics and up to four-player multiplayer gameplay, this is the most accessible take on the FINAL FANTASY universe, allowing players to enjoy the CRYSTAL CHRONICLES experience from anywhere in the world thanks to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection mode.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments,“The release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time shows Square Enix’s continuous commitment to bringing innovative gaming experiences to European players. The colourful world of CRYSTAL CHRONICLES provides the ideal opportunity for all Wii and Nintendo DS owners to come together and enjoy this magical adventure with their friends.”
For more information about FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time, please visit the official website at www.FFCC-echoesoftime.com
About FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time
A triumphant return from a monster-infested forest marks the completion of the 16-year-old hero’s coming-of-age ceremony. However, the hero’s joy is short-lived as a young village girl is found to be afflicted by a mysterious illness known as“crystal sickness.” Determined to obtain the cure, the hero steps out of the secluded village for the first time, only to discover a world in which crystals are merely artifacts of the past and no longer exist…
• Wii and Nintendo DS players can share their adventure together through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and Wireless Communication.
• 2-4 player multi-play through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection&Wireless Communication mode.
• Over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: 4 players max (any mixture of Wii and Nintendo DS hardware).
• Wireless Communication: 4 players max (either up to 4 players on Nintendo DS hardware, or alternatively 1 Wii hosting up to three Nintendo DS players).
• Players can register their own phrases on top of many fixed phrases available for easy communication in multiplayer.
• Over 300 different items and costume combinations add to the fun. Changes to costume/equipment are directly visible on your character in the game.
• Trade with friends using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection functions.
• Play in four different languages– English, French, German and Spanish. The multiplayer mode can be played seamlessly even when each player selects a different language.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises– FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 47 million units worldwide– under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in London. Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. CRYSTAL CHRONICLES and ECHOES OF TIME are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. NINTENDO DS, WII AND THE WII LOGOARE TRADEMARKS OF NINTENDO. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England&Wales under the number 3679704 whose registered office is Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LS.