Two days ahead of the early bird registration deadline, organiser Tandem Events has announced the final line up for the Develop in Brighton Conference, which takes place on 10-12 July 2012. The programme, which goes live today, can be found at www.developconference.com and boasts over 100 top quality sessions, including:
- 62 Develop Conference sessions - Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 July
- 17 Evolve sessions - Tuesday 10 July
- 7 Audio sessions – Thursday 12 July
- 7 Indie Dev Day sessions - Thursday 12 July
- NEW! 6 Indie Dev Marketing sessions - Wednesday 11 July
- 4 free Expo sessions - Wednesday 11 July
The main Develop Conference crosses eight tracks – Art, Business, Coding, Design, Evolve and Production plus the all new Visionaries and Education tracks.
2012 highlights include:
- Evolve Keynote: Jason Holtman , Director of Business Development, Valve; Everyone’s Business is Business
- Art Keynote: James Zhang, Founder and CEO , Concept Art House; Evolution of Art in Social and Mobile Games
- Audio Keynote: Stephen Root, Director of Audio, Codemasters
- New Visionaries track , including sessions from Gaikai’s David Perry, Eidos Life President Ian Livingstone, David Braben with Raspberry Pi and Blitz Game Studios’ Philip Oliver
- Indie Game: The Movie – free screening hosted by Ukie in association with Develop in Brighton on Tuesday 10 July at the Odeon Cinema on the seafront
Now in its seventh year, Develop in Brighton is Europe’s leading conference for the game development community. It takes place on 10-12 July 2012. Early bird rates are available until 13 June 2012. Passes can be bought from www.developconference.com
Develop in Brighton includes the following tracks:
Tuesday 10 July: Evolve Conference
Wednesday 11- Thursday 12 July: Develop Conference, Develop Expo, Indie Showcase, Indie Dev Marketing
Thursday 12 July: Indie Dev Day, Audio track
Notes to editors:
About the Develop Conference:
The seventh Develop Conference will take place at the Hilton Metropole in Brighton, UK, from 10 - 12 July 2012. Last year’s event attracted 1,559 game developers from over 20 different territories. The event is now firmly established as the leading conference in Europe for games developers. Tracks include: Art, Audio, Business, Coding, Design, Education, Evolve, Production and The Den.
Evolve focuses on how to develop games for new and emerging platforms, new technologies and new markets like social and casual gaming. It opens on Tuesday 10 July.
Indie Dev Day the new day-long conference and networking event running alongside Develop is designed for established independent studios, new start-ups, wannabe indies, freelance developers and students. The sessions will complement the Indie Dev Showcase: a dedicated area within the Develop Expo (11 - 12 July) featuring some of the exciting and new indie projects currently under development.
About Tandem Events:
Tandem Events has over 25 years of experience in organising market-leading exhibitions, conferences and events across a number of industry sectors, including Develop and Evolve in Brighton, Evolve in London, Develop in Liverpool, GamesDevMasterClasses, Games:EDU, Games Marketing Forum and Games Grads.