June 6th, 2007
Join around 100 delegates and leading industry keynote speakers from USA, Europe and China for UK’s leading serious games conference Apply Serious Games, master classes and inaugural dedicated Apply AI Innovations conference. Focus is on virtual worlds, web 2.0 and brand extension and learning.
21 + speakers over 20 sessions in addition to the master classes.
Confirmed speakers include: - Christian Renaud, Cisco Systems Inc. - Nader Nanjiani, Cisco Systems Inc. -Thomas Bidaux, NCSoft - Peter Molyneux, Lionhead - Professor Bob Stone, Birmingham University - Jennifer McNamara, BreakAway Ltd - Kevin Williams, KWP Consulting - Gavin Dudeney, The Consultants-E - Kevin Corti, PIXELearning - Thijs Bosma - Zlong Games, China - Rohit Talwar, Fast Future Ltd - Ron Edwards, MD, Ambient Performance - Mal Baines, formerly of Xerox Corp. - Keke Quai, Kinnogene Design Factory - David Wortley, Director Serious Games Institute - Claus Nehmzow, PA Consulting - Ali Kord, Animazoo - Mishka Klotz, OM Interactive - David Burden, Daden - Marco Veldman, Live Presence - Alex Champandard, Games AI veteran and formerly Rockstar + senior executives from Forterra and second life experts
Highlights over the 2 conferences include:
· Keynotes from Defence specialists Prof Bob Stone of Birmingham University and Jenn McNamara of leading serious games developer BreakAway Games (also giving a keynote on the use of AI in serious games), Peter Molyneux of Lionhead (Fable, Black&White) show-casing emotion and realism in games, Christian Renaud of Cisco Systems US on games-based accreditation and learning and extending the brand using Second Life.
· A virtual worlds platform shoot-out of Forterras OLIVE platform and Second Life, chaired by Claus Nehmzow of PA consulting– not many people know which platform is best suited to which content– you will come away with essential information from this session.
· Case studies on training thousands of staff in diversity training at Coca Cola and a leading bank presented by leading serious games developer Kevin Corti of PIXElearning
· Panel on the new-gen of outdoor entertainment and museum and heritage use of games technologies and techniques chaired by specialist Kevin Williams
· Opportunities in China. Specialist speakers based in China and working with Chinese games and web 2.0 platforms present and take part in a panel chaired by leading futurist Rohit Talwar
· Second Life in educational use with Gavin Dudeny of the Consultants-E, a leading specialist with experience of working with British Council and educational establishments around the world
· Multi-player best practice in building and sustaining social networks and multi-player worlds– learning from the masters lead by Thomas Bidoux of NCSoft, a leading developer of MMOs
· Live presentation of a leading retailer’s use of Forterra’s OLIVE platform with Ron Edwards of Ambient Performance
· Tutorial and round-table lead by Alex Champandard ex-Rockstar and veteran AI programmer
· A session on developing your own AI in Second Life with David Burden of Daden. The commercial opportunities are considerable. From virtual shopkeepers and receptionists, to personal virtual assistants the use of AI in virtual worlds is set to enter a new phase.
· Mixing players’ avatar DNA using leading-edge AI to create innovative social networking games that build communities and extend opportunities for virtual worlds across learning and brands, plus a session on integrating chat technologies in serious games with a focus on a case study at IBM
Contact Martine Parry 07788 191252