Göteborg, Sweden - September 30, 2010 /GameBlast/ - First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real money Massively Multiplayer Online Game, announced today the newest version is available for download. This update brings amazing new vehicles to the world including a VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft, boats and a futuristic hovercraft. Additionally players will find the Tenderfoot Grounds, a new area to explore to help get them accustomed to Calypso and its real money economy.
Colonists of Calypso have long been hounded by flying robots and killer amphibious beasts. However with no means of flying themselves or crossing dangerous waters, besides swimming, they have been at a severe disadvantage. The vehicle industry has heard these cries though and now it's time for the citizens to take their rightful place at the top of the food chain again. The deadly VTOL aircraft, fast boats and versatile hovercraft, along with the current turreted cars and trucks mean players can safely and quickly traverse extreme long distances while hunting, mining and scouting.
Additionally Planet Calypso will be opening the Tenderfoot Grounds. This new area will allow inexperienced players to truly see what the game is about, for free. It introduces a new area to hunt and mine in, along with its very own microeconomy. This microeconomy includes the ability to trade and sell items, however the values are kept very low so players do not need to fear trying it all out. Additionally players will start with all new equipment that will allow them to play in Tenderfoot Grounds without spending a single dollar. Once colonists feel they are ready to take on the full game world they can leave the area and enter Planet Calypso's society.
New Vehicle Additions
· This release presents three new types of vehicles: hovercraft, boats and VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing).
· The new VTOL aircraft will safely take you up in the sky where you can watch the world from new angles. This is the first step towards opening up the hangars and making the space ships airborne, which will happen in the near future.
· Do you prefer the water? Hop on the boat and take some quick turns while enjoying the water splashing all around you.
· The hovercraft is functional on both land and water. Weapon assembly is available for the hovercraft just as for the already introduced cars.
· Tip! Take care of the vehicles and be careful! Collisions can now damage them. However, you can lessen the damage by staying seated even when the going gets tough; the damage is greater without any crew seated at all. Note that only the SI is affected by collisions, not vehicle deterioration.
· Actions and their default control mappings for airborne vehicles:
· Move up - Left Shift (new key mapping)
· Move down - Left Ctrl (new key mapping)
· Strafe Left - A
· Note: For airborne vehicles, this action results in left rotation.
· Strafe right - D
· Note: For airborne vehicles, this action results in right rotation.
· Rotate left - Z. Alternatively hold left and right mouse buttons down and move to the left.
· Note: For airborne vehicles, this action results in left strafe.
· Rotate right - C. Alternatively hold left and right mouse buttons down and move to the right.
· Note: For airborne vehicles, this action results in right strafe.
· Move Forwards - W.
· Move Backwards - S
· Auto move - R.
· Control mappings for ground and water vehicles are the same as for the already included cars. The following default control mappings are added:
· Move Forwards - Hold left and right mouse buttons down. (Previous default key mapping, W, is still valid.)
· Auto move - R. Added possibility for automatic driving, using the R key. This functions in the same way as when using R for automatic running or walking.
· Additional vehicle improvements:
· Vehicle Inventory will now be closed at vehicle recalling.
· Added range limit to vehicle action Pick Up.
· Vehicles will physically move when hit by explosion from, for example, grenade launcher.
· Added explosion when a vehicle is destroyed.
· Added control information in the vehicles' Item Info.
Social Media Interconnect Services
· Implemented Social Media Interconnect services in order to help participants communicate beyond the community that exists in-game. At this moment the services include posting in-game events relating to your Avatar to the Facebook and Twitter channels. For further information, log in to "My Account" through your planet web site.
Voice Chat System
· Communication between participants is a key component of life on Planet Calypso and it is now getting even better with the introduction of Voice Chat. FPC is cooperating with one of the world's leading communication companies to create a service unique to Entropia Universe with advanced functionality that integrates into the game play on the planets. In the first step this enables secure voice communication between participants; players can voice chat with avatars on their Friend List as well as others they encounter in-game.
· Implemented voice chat in Entropia Universe.
· We have put great effort into making this a system with the following qualities:
· Anonymity. You only have to see an avatar or have them on your Friend List to be able to suggest voice chat with anyone - and all they see is your Entropia Universe alias.
· Security. All voice traffic is sent via the communication network service provider's servers to avoid revealing your IP address to the other part.
· Privacy. Other participants cannot listen to a private conversation (a conversation between a restricted amount of participants).
· Easy access. The service is available directly through your Entropia Universe account with no need to download a 3rd party client.
· Tailor made for Entropia Universe. To enhance the Entropia Universe experience this system is tailor made to fit the conditions in Entropia Universe.
· Stable network. The Voice Chat is a reliable service with redundant bandwidth capability.
· Implementing above qualities means heavy investments and use of external resources. Therefore, the Voice Chat services are available for a subscription fee, see the Subscription Fee section below.
· However, it is important to MindArk to minimize the cost of using this system for each individual participant. Although this already is a premium service it will be launched at a reduced and low cost, see the Release Offers section below.
Voice Chat Subscription Fee
· The regular subscription fee is 10 PED, however, see the release offers below.
· Note: The subscription is based on a fee that is paid in beforehand, allowing free usage of the system for the coming 30-day period. At any time you can choose to not continue to pay this fee and the subscription is put on hold.
Voice Chat Release Offer
· If you, before starting to use the Voice Chat, have made a deposit or will make one, between August 29, 2010 and October 28, 2010 you will get your first 30 days of Voice Chat for free!
· The cost is reduced to 8 PED per 30-day period, during the first 90 days of operation.
IMPROVEMENTS AND FIXED ISSUES
· Fixed issue with the system requiring administrator permission for Windows Vista and later with UAC enabled: Install Entropia Universe in a folder other than Program Files or another folder that requires administration rights to write in.
· Sounds and Visual
Lowered volume for all equip sounds.
· Fixed issue with sound for vehicle assembly terminal.
· Fixed issue with several creatures missing fighting animation.
· Modified sound when vehicle reaches 0% health.
· Resized Mouse help window to display included text.
· Implemented fall damage. Landing in water normally breaks the fall, unless the water is too shallow. Note that only the avatar health is affected, not armor deterioration.
· Added possibility for detaching single attachments from an item.
· Added possibility to attach items by drag and drop the attachment icon to the other item's Item Info window.
· Removed item limit in the carried Inventory. However, more than 200 items in the carried Inventory limits the avatar's speed.
· Increased Friend List count to 150 friends.
· Adjusted target area on ad screens to simplify pick up of already placed screens.
· Adjusted target area on terminals to simplify interaction.
· Renamed the skill category Tailoring to Design.
· Fixed issue with decoys not giving any skill increase.
· Fixed issue with changing pages in Auction on the Orders tab.
· Fixed issue with not being able to claim utilization rights of an estate containing bags.
· Fixed issue with Kreltin maturity names.
First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.
Planet Calypso is a free download available at the game's website, www.planetcalypso.com.
About First Planet Company
First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform, and is part of the Entropia Universe. Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony struggling with the natural and economic elements involved in establishing their new civilization.
For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers below or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com
Copyright© 2010 First Planet Company. All Rights Reserved.
For further information, please contact:
First Planet Company:
+46 31 607 362
First Planet Company Media:
(310) 453-2050 x111