For Immediate Release
Seattle WA (January 13, 2010): This month marks the second anniversary of the release of Flying Lab Software’s highly acclaimed and award-winning MMORPG– Pirates of the Burning Sea. The game is rolling into 2010 bigger and better than ever with new and robust cinematic avatar combat; new conquest features, such as improved ship battles and blockading; and an abundance of new content including ships, missions, and clothes. A more detailed list of the new features can be found on the Pirates of the Burning Sea web site ( http://www.burningsea.com/page/community/new.
Flying Lab Software will also be holding an in-game anniversary event on January 23, 2010. During the event players will be able to play against the creators of Pirates of the Burning Sea, and game rewards will be given. To join the party fun and check out the game, prospective pirates can test out their swashbuckling skills for free for 2 weeks by signing up at www.burningsea.com/try.
“Flying Lab is very proud to have such a strong and active gaming fan base for Pirates of the Burning Sea, and we are looking forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with our community,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Flying Lab Software.“In the last 2 years, we have packed this game with loads of new features, and the gameplay is now more robust and action-packed than ever.”
Set against the backdrop of the New World of the 18th century, Pirates of the Burning Sea™ is an MMORPG featuring high-seas action and adventure in a bold world of pirates and plunder, where players can choose to play as one of three nations— England, France or Spain— or choose the role of a Pirate and battle it out for glory and power.
Flying Lab Software is also still offering a special promotion to U.S. military personnel. This special deal for U.S. military men and women waives for 6 months the normal game costs of $19.99 on Steam or the Sony Store, as well as the monthly $14.99 subscription. The six months starts when they sign up and download the game.
Other key features Include:
• Play a Naval Officer, Privateer, Free trader, Buccaneer or Cutthroat.
• Battle against other players to control more than 80 conquerable ports across the Caribbean.
• Engage in tactical ship combat, firing broadsides and boarding the enemy using one of over 150 historical ships, from schooners to formidable first-rate ships-of-the-line.
• Specialize in one of three different styles of land combat— formal Fencing, dual-wielding Florentine or treacherous Dirty Fighting.
• Explore the world and make a name for yourself in thousands of missions.
• Vie for power and wealth in a fully player-driven economy.
• Personalize your ship by designing your own flags, customized sail patterns, and color schemes.
• Improved camera, keyboard controls and preference settings.
About Pirates of the Burning Sea™
Pirates of the Burning Sea™ was developed by Flying Lab Software and published under SOE’s Platform Publishing Label. More information, download instructions and a 14-day trial for new players are available through the Pirates of the Burning Sea™ website www.burningsea.com.
About Flying Lab Software
Flying Lab Software, a Seattle, Washington based game development company established in 1997, is the maker of the critically acclaimed Rails Across America. Flying Lab Software is currently working on expanding Pirates of the Burning Sea™ and several new games for its casual division. For more information about Flying Lab Software, please visit www.flyinglab.com.