Hamburg, October 25th, 2012 – Simultaneously to the launch of the new Amazon tablet Kindle Fire HD in Germany, the award-winning Hamburg-based developer and publisher of high-end smartphone and tablet games, Fishlabs Entertainment, releases its action-packed 3D space opera Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD on the Amazon Appstore for Android. As of now, the epic sci-fi action trader, which is one of the selected hero titles of the new Android device, is available for download for the special introductory price of$5.99/ €4,99/ £3.49. The release of Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD on the Amazon Appstore marks another important step in Fishlabs’ plan to further strengthen its critically acclaimed science fiction saga’s presence on the Android platform.
“Amazon is one of the biggest and most well-known distribution platforms in the world,“ says Michael Schade, CEO of Fishlabs Entertainment. “And their red-hot Kindle Fire HD is a great tablet that offers high-end specs for a very obliging price. We’re more than happy to bring our flagship title Galaxy on Fire 2 HD to such a quality device. And we’re also looking forward to cooperate with an experienced and well-positioned partner, who does not only offer us an attractive means of distribution, but also a huge clientele willing to pay for quality apps.”
About Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD:
In Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD, the gamer is able to explore a vast universe with more than 20 star systems, 100 different space stations and over 30 fully mountable space ships, as well as follow an exciting story line with full voice acting and take on an infinite number of diversified freelance missions. The title’s epic plot puts the gamer right in the middle of the hard-fought struggle for survival of the galaxy’s four major factions, namely the Terrans, Midorians, Nivelians and Vossk. Due to a malfunction of his ship’s hyper drive, Keith T. Maxwell, the hero of the first installment of the series, is catapulted through space and time. 35 years into the future, he awakens at the far end of the galaxy and quickly realizes that a lot has changed during his absence. An aggressive alien menace known as Voids is lurking on the edge of known space and using sophisticated wormhole technology to raid cargo ships and convoys of all four factions. The unstable peace between the factions is on the line and Keith is the only one who can save the universe from its impending descend into chaos.
Special Features for Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD on Kindle Fire HD:
· Completely re-worked 3D models for console quality graphics and a crystal-clear gaming experience on the Kindle Fire HD in 1280 by 720 pixel resolution
· Assets, such as jump gates and asteroids, feature even more textures and up to four-times the original resolution
· Individual texture sets for all 30 spaceships including diffuse, normal, and specular maps in High Definition
· Enhanced background images and resolution on space environments and planets for a crystal-clear gaming experience on the Kindle Fire HD
· Additional OpenGL shaders and post effects as well as heavily revised explosion, engine flare and muzzle flash special effects