Haarlem, The Netherlands – 2 October 2012 – Iceberg Interactive and developer Amplitude Studios announce that they are ready to release the first free add-on for their ‘4x’ strategy hit ENDLESS SPACE, called “Rise of the Automatons”, later today on Steam .
Amplitude CEO Mathieu Girard says: “We have to thank our community for their help in defining the add-on – GAMES2GETHER votes were used to determine half the improvements. We really appreciate our players’ devotion and ideas; they've given us ammo for many more updates and upgrades beyond this one. They're numerous, argumentative, and occasionally challenging, but we wouldn't have it any other way.”
Most important features of the add-on
- Addition of the new Automatons custom faction (thanks to the community hero ‘Panzer‘)
- GUI changes such as a new Trade Route panel and Empire Management screen
- Upgraded and updated diplomacy and alliance options
- Improved hero management
- Improved AI
- Fixes, amendments and changes
14 Screenshots from the add-on accompany this press release. Please get them here.
About Endless Space
This galaxy is ancient, and its first intelligent life was the civilization we call the Endless. Long before our eyes gazed upon the stars they flew between them, though all that remains of this people is what we call Dust. A substance found scattered or in forgotten temples, it once gave powers to admirals and galactic governors. The galaxy will belong to the faction that can take control of the Dust and uncover its secrets…
- A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
- Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
- Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.
- Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
- Endless Replayability: Control every new game’s scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
- Creating GAMES2GETHER: Track the dev team’s objectives, progress and achievements. Participate in the creation of the game via the GAMES2GETHER initiative. Access early versions of the game and give your feedback to the dev team. Discuss actual and future game features and expansions with the dev team
Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: create the best strategy games! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others. Working closely for years with communities of players to share, discuss or compare ideas, the whole team has the dream of bringing the idea of GAMES2GETHER one step further. Help us accomplish our goal to bring a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Read more at http://www.amplitude-studios.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent videogame publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey & APB Reloaded – but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space. Read more about the company and its games at http :// www . iceberg - interactive . com.
Don’t just play, play it cool!