Haarlem, The Netherlands – 5 September 2011 – Videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive announces that new downloadable content has become available for Starpoint Gemini (PC), the tactical space RPG from game developer LGM Games. The DLC named “Gladiators” is free to all players.
Mario Mihokovic, CEO from LGM Games says:
" We feel there's no better way to thank all fans of Starpoint Gemini, Iceberg Interactive and Little Green Men for their tremendous support than offering a free add-on to the game and we hope gamers like this little gift called SPG Gladiators."
The Starpoint Gemini Gladiators DLC Features are:
• Four new ship designs add to the already large number of unique vessels
• 50 new special ship systems that can only be awarded for victories in Gladiators
• Outer Horizon, a new sector of Gemini where the special tournament is held
• Series of difficult combat situations like Free-for-all and Team fights
• Completely free-of-charge as a big thank you to everyone who supported us in developing and improving Starpoint Gemini
You can download the full The Gladiators DLC on the following content hosting websites:
Screenshots are available here: www.starpointgemini.com/Download/SPG_Gladiators_Screenshots.zip
The retail version of Starpoint Gemini from Iceberg Interactive, has seen its retail release in major European territories including the UK on March 25, 2011. The game can be purchased in the Iceberg Webshop ( http://www.iceberg-shop.com/starpoint-gemini.html)
About Starpoint Gemini
Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space RPG set in a science-fiction universe, which focuses on the control and strengths of individual vessels and their captains. Players can travel the rich vastness of the Gemini star system freely, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, research anomalies, buy new vessels, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to become more powerful and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets of hostile ships.
Players re-emerge into the star system of Gemini after having been trapped in the so-called Stasis rift anomaly for over twenty years. Unaware of the passage of time, they find Gemini and everything they knew changed beyond recognition. The events that took place two decades ago closed the Gateway to Gemini, and thereby practically sealed the star system off from the rest of the universe. Isolation and unforeseen technological advancement due to the appearance of countless anomalies have turned Gemini to a place of political intrigue, greed
and lust for power. The fate of Gemini has been shaped and the time for reckoning has almost come… Gemini is a dangerous place with riches waiting to be claimed by the most daring and capable of captains.
Starpoint Gemini Features
• Free roaming space of the vast and interesting Gemini star system waiting to be
• Over 50 large space sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace called T-Gates
• Intriguing storyline full of schemes and plot twists pulling player deeper into main
• Deep and immersive experience of a living star system full of space stations,
asteroid mining bases, or fields to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies,
random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys,
military patrols, nebulas and more
• Countless missions to be taken on at random through Freelance commission
• Diverse skill system offering more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers
• Special passive bonus perks awarded at increasing your rank
• Special built-in abilities making even smaller ship classes useful in fleet battles
• Over 300 available ship upgrades ranging from weapons and energy shields to
power core and thrusters
• Various bonuses to be gained by enlisting additional experienced personnel for your
• Modding tools made available post-release will allow gamers to unleash their
creativity in a completely new environment
For more information, please visit the Starpoint Gemini gamepage ( http://iceberg-interactive.com/games-mainmenu-27/355-starpoint-gemeni.html).
About LGM Games
Little Green Men TM is a young team of 15 highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists and animators based in South-Eastern Europe. Their plan is pretty straightforward: creating quality games.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a premier videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. The company is staffed with a mix of industry veterans and upcoming young talent, has offices in key locations across Europe and has established relevant partnerships all over the globe, both for digital and retail releases. Hence why Iceberg is a great alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg focuses foremost on PC gaming and is among the market leaders for the following niche genres for PC: simulators, adventure and MMO/action games. For more information visit www.iceberg-interactive.com to keep up with the latest breaking news.
Marcela C. Koster
PR & Marketing Assistent