Haarlem, The Netherlands– 23 October 2009– Premier videogames publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Tripwire Interactive have yesterday released a huge free content pack for Killing Floor named‘Level Up’, as well as the Defence Alliance mod. Killing Floor was released over Steam earlier this year and has been one of the its best selling shooters, triggering Iceberg Interactive to take over European retail release for the exciting co-op horror shooter.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder said:“Our friends at Tripwire Interactive really deserve a lot of credit for caring for the community so much. They keep supporting their game and keep releasing great new content for the addictive 6 player co-op shooter that is Killing Floor. It is uncanny that such a huge update with so many extra’s is released for free and I believe this is not even the end of it. At Iceberg we’re very excited to play this update and recommend that anyone who has a taste for horror survival and co-op shooters, does exactly that as well. I may not be objective but I really recommend this very, very highly: it’s actually inexpensive, guarantees months of fun and enjoys continuous support and expansions.“
In celebration of the Free Content Pack a Free Weekend will run from Thursday 22nd through Sunday 25th October and will allow anyone to play the full game, including all the additional free content, all weekend. If you already own the game, the‘Level Up’ content pack will update automatically. If you have never tried Killing Floor, get it now from your local retail store or click here to start the pre-load: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250.
The details for the Free Content Pack:
• 3 New maps: Bedlam, Wyre and Waterworks.
• New specimen: the Husk. Adds more tactics to the game as this is a long range attacking enemy.
• Introduction of a 7th Perk: Demolition. With this new Perk you become a specialist in proximity charges and grenade launchers, adding even more tactical depth to the team’s ability to stop the advancing hordes.
• A new perk level for all perks increasing the max level from 5 up to 6 including new benefits for all classes.
• 7 New Weapons, varying from the medic gun to cure teammates from a distance, to various automatic guns and shotgun additions, as well as several weapons for the all new Demolition Perk.
• 20+ New Steam Achievements, upping the total to 60+. Getting them all feeds the need to play.
• Revamped User Interface.
• The first ever total conversion mod for Killing Floor entitled“Defense Alliance 2” released over Steam as an official mod for KF.
About Killing Floor
Killing Floor is a co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens, with the following features.
• Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
• Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo“ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
• Solo game mode for offline play
• 10 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
• Over 20 weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower. Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
• 9 official maps included and more than 100 custom maps created to date!
• 14 player characters to chose from (including additional DLC characters available)
• Players choose one of 7 Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
• Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight– or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
• Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
• Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award winning mod team and winners of the“$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive’s debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including“Multiplayer Game of the Year” and“FPS of the Year” for 2006. With Red Orchestra ranking as one of the most played PC Multiplayer games in the world and 400,000 units sold on PC, Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. Killing Floor, Tripwire’s second title, jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. Following on from the success of self-publishing Killing Floor, Tripwire are now publishing third-party titles in stores in North America, starting with the award-winning Zeno Clash. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive’s website at www.tripwireinteractive.com
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a brand new videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive's portfolio of products includes titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This is reflected in our launch line-up which includes simulators, tycoon, adventure, action and brain-training games.
When it comes to games….don’t just play… play it cool.
For more information, please visit www.iceberg-interactive.com to keep up with the latest breaking news.