FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LAS VEGAS, NV – September 12, 2011 – Petroglyph® today announced that its eagerly anticipated free-to-play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, Rise of Immortals™, has launched and is now available to all players at http://signup.riseofimmortals.com.
Rise of Immortals, an online, free-to-play PC game that expands on the hit battle arena genre with new, innovative features that encourage socialization and cooperation. Rise of Immortals launches today after several months of beta testing and now offers players access to the full game, including the ability to purchase potions, artifacts, Immortals and skins through the game’s item store.
“Development of Rise of Immortals is a labor of love for Petroglyph,” said Steve Wetherill, executive producer of the game. “We started with a group of designers, artists and engineers with a passion for battle arena games, and ended up with an incredible title that brings dozens of fresh, innovative features to the genre. I couldn’t be more proud of the team or more excited about how Rise of Immortals turned out and where it will go from here.”
In addition, the Rise of Immortals launch day marks the final chance for players to enter the online giveaway of two NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ prize packages, each valued at more than $650. The packages each include a 23" 3D ready monitor, a Superclocked GeForce GTX 560 GPU, and 3D Vision glasses. Anyone wishing to enter the giveaway must register for Rise of Immortals, login to the game, and optionally “Like” the Rise of Immortals Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/riseofimmortals), or follow the Rise of Immortals Twitter feed ( www.twitter.com/riseofimmortals). Details can be found in the Official Rules on the Rise of Immortals giveaway website at: http://www.riseofimmortals.com/events/3D_Vision_Giveaway.
Rise of Immortals is a free-to-play, micro-transaction-based online game that is available via direct download. The game features the popular action-strategy gameplay of traditional MOBA games, but adds enhanced socialization features, along with persistent character progression – a first for the MOBA genre. In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, update friend lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches online.
Features of Rise of Immortals:
· 12 unique Immortals at launch with additional Immortals released on a regular basis
· Persistent per-Immortal level progression and skill trees
· Persistent artifacts for stat enhancements
· Player versus Environment instances with boss encounters
· Player versus Player instances with up to 5v5 multiplayer
· Player versus Bot instances with up to three-person cooperative play
· Persistent experience and leveling in both PvP and PvE instances
· Account and Immortal statistics tracking
· Player hub instances for socialization
· Collectible pets for combat and vanity (post-launch feature)
· Rise of Immortals Website: http://www.riseofimmortals.com
· RoI on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/riseofimmortals
Press Info: http://www.riseofimmortals.com/press
About Petroglyph Games, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Petroglyph Games, Inc. is an award-winning, independent game development studio located in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Petroglyph team specializes in Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA), Online Real-Time Strategy (RTS) and Action/RPG games, leveraging the experience gained from developing original hit franchises for PC and consoles. Petroglyph uses their proprietary GLYPHXSM Online game engine, tools and technology to power their next-generation titles.
For more information about Petroglyph, please visit www.petroglyphgames.com.
© 2011. Petroglyph Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Petroglyph, GLYPHX, Rise of Immortals, and Guardians of Graxia are trademarks and/or service marks of Petroglyph Games, Inc.