Berlin, 20th March 2009: Frogster today announced that the commercial launch of Runes of Magic has exceeded all expectations. The online role playing game was able to add considerably to its registered users: nearly 700,000 players have registered to enter the fantasy world of Taborea worldwide. Runes of Magic launched commercially on 19 March.
To handle the rush of players, the Runes of Magic team added one additional European server to the line-up. This means that right now there are already nine game worlds up and running in German and English languages. On the most frequented servers, character creation for new players has been capped until further notice. Only already existing avatars can log on to‘Laoch’ and‘Aotacht’. Should any other servers reach their full load, additional server capacity is on hand to guarantee trouble-free gaming enjoyment for the fans.
Runes of Magic– a world full of wizardry and adventure
Runes of Magic was commercially released on 19th March. During a successful open beta the population soar to over 650,000 players. All interested players can continue to download the fantasy online role playing game for free at www.runesofmagic.com and following a short registration process, can plunge into the game world.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website www.runesofmagic.com.
- Free to play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks toseamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Guild castles in special zones
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
Titel: Runes of Magic
Publisher: Frogster Online Gaming
Developer: Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Release: March 19th 2009
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
T +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -39
F +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -11