My name is Julian Maroda and here is a game blending Guitar Hero, Mario and Alan Wake in a mixer resulting in an explosive cocktail, made by four people who studied along with Germain and François from Sauropod Studio (Castle Story) and Richard E. Flanagan (creator of FRACT) at the Université de Montréal (UdeM). Oh and did we say we were also professional co-workers from ODD1 game studio?
FromPulse came from a simple idea: open up the rhythmical genre to provide a concrete musical experience featuring historical setting, engaging storyline, endearing characters and top notch graphics.
You impersonate Vegah, a young kid made from music whose planet is being attacked by disruptive forces. Travelling back in time through the Music of the Spheres, you land on Earth and cover historical eras in search of a lost artifact. The whole game plays backward to the beat of electro composer, Cirius.
The rhythmical gameplay requires pressing the right buttons at the right time when colliding with colored markers. Jump, shrink, vault and swell through levels to claim high scores. For your performance directly affects how much the story unfolds. Play perfectly to even download the game’s music for free!
- Engaging storyline and setting: return with the artifact and save your people
- Backward rhythmical gameplay: travel back in time in rhythm, literally
- Adaptive referential narration: inspired by St-Exupéry, Carroll, Orwell and others
- Beautiful 2D and 3D assets: reversed animations and fancy visual effects
- And even more:
- Four levels revisiting famous epochs
- Fantastic music by electro DJ, Cirius
- FREE songs download through QR codes
- “Story+” mode with true ending and FTL speed
- Local leaderboard system to compare your score
- Groovy vibration system reflecting your harmony
- Release Date: Thursday 25.10.12
- Platform: Xbox Live Indie Games (XBLIG)
- Price: 80MSP (about $1)
- Password: pressonly