SAN FRANCISCO - Feb. 27, 2013 - Game Connection has today announced a number of panel discussions and lectures to be held at Game Connection America 2013 event, March 25-27 at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco. The program will include executives from leading game industry companies like Ubisoft, Telltale Games, Tapjoy, and Playfirst. Today also marks the opening of the Game Connection America Meeting Application. Attendees can browse and book meetings with other attending companies including Chillingo, Zynga, GREE, Activision Blizzard, and Sony.
Members of the media are encouraged to attend the following panels at Game Connection America 2013:
Mobile User Acquisition: Then, Now, and Later
- Moderator: Chris Akhavan, Senior VP of Global Partnerships at Tapjoy
- Marco DeMiroz, CEO of Playfirst
- Jean-Paul Sanday, Director of User Acquisition & Growth at Kiwi
- Tricia Bertero, CMO of Gogii
- Nick Ross, Director of Analytics at TinyCo
- Moderator: Chris Morris, writer for CNBC, Official Xbox Magazine, Yahoo! Games, Common Sense Media
- Chris Donahue, VP of Marketing and Publisher Relations at CiiNOW, Inc.
- Chris Early, Vice President of Digital Distribution at Ubisoft
- Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer and Senior Vice-President at Capcom USA.
- Moderator: Sergei Klimov, Director of International Business Development at Daedalic Entertainment GmbH
- Mikael Haveri, Sales and Marketing Manager at Frozenbite
- Matt Edmunds, COO of Stainless Games
- Risa Cohen, Computer Games Executive at European Film Bonds
- Dan Connors, Cofounder of Telltale Games
- Moderator: Erik Bethke, CEO of Bee Cave Games.
- Tommy Palm, Mobile Guru of King.com
- Clive Downie, CEO of the Americas and Europe at DeNA Co., Ltd
- Jeffrey Tseng, CEO and Co-founder of CrowdStar
- Sebastian Kriese, Corporate Development Manager at Wooga
- Moderator: Oscar Clark, Evangelist at Applifier
- Jason Loia, COO of Digital Chocolate
- Michael Schade, CEO of Fishlabs Entertainment
- Caleb Fox, Head of e-Sports at Wargaming America
- Kenna Ranson, Marketing Director at Xfire
In addition to these sessions, Game Connection will host a Master Class on European Online Payment Management hosted by Mark Gerban, Director of Business Development at gamigo AG and Victor Bacre, Director of Business Development and Payment at Just A Game GmbH. The Master Class will last all day from 9 am – 5 pm on March 27, 2013. Topics to be covered include online payment handling across different cultures, alternative payments beyond credit cards, creating an ideal payment team, and other monetization strategies.
Open today, the Game Connection America Meeting Application allows attendees to schedule more than 15 meetings a day, well in advance of the event. The app also allows users to browse attendees, explore company projects, and send meeting invitations. More information and tutorials on how to use the Meeting Application can be found here: www.game-connection.com/gameconn/content/meeting-app.
Game Connection America 2013 will be held March 25-27 at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco. This event, held three times each year in Europe, the US, and Asia, allows video game professionals to meet, do business together, connect with new industry professionals, and socialize in an environment conducive to getting business done. Members of the press interested in attending the conference or Marketing Awards ceremony may contact TriplePoint PR at email@example.com.
See why past attendees love Game Connection in this video: http://youtu.be/pMwzdMapS9A.
For more information about Game Connection and the Meeting Application:
- Download the press kit
- Visit the website: www.game-connection.com
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Game.Connection.Official.Page
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/thegame_co
About Game Connection
Game Connection is an international conference that gives video game marketing industry professionals the opportunity to interact, network, and promote their products, services, and expertise. Since 2001, key players from the games industry gather three times per year—in Europe, the US, and Asia—to meet, do business together, connect with new industry professionals, and socialize in a lively environment where business gets done. In 2011, Game Connection launched a program of conferences, workshops, and master classes. As part of this program, experts of arts, game design, programming, production, communication, and marketing presented the latest innovation for consoles, handheld, browser games, social media, digital, and mobile stores. For more information, visit: www.game-connection.com.
About Connection Events
Connection Events is a creator of opportunities, resources and results in the Games Industry. Connection Events specializes in the production of services and events aimed at games industry professionals, with over 800 business clients in more than 56 countries. Core Connection Events services include Game Connection and Game Connection Master Classes. For more information, visit: www.connection-events.com