PARIS, FRANCE – 11 September 2012 – Game Connection Europe is very pleased to announce a brand new addition to its 2012 event this November 28-30, the Game Connection Marketing Awards. Presided over by an advisory board of leading industry experts, the awards will recognize and reward outstanding work in marketing and communications from across the breadth of the video game industry worldwide, from PR and advertising, to community and digital.
Game Connection is accepting submissions for the Marketing Awards from today until October 11th. To submit campaigns for consideration, go to http://www.game-connection.com/gameconn/content/marketing-awards
The Marketing Awards are comprised of seven main categories, with all submissions automatically entered for the eighth category of ‘Best Videogame Marketing Team 2012’. The awards are open to anyone working in video game marketing and communications, whether in-house with a publisher or developer, at an agency, or independent. Those wishing to submit campaigns for consideration can do so as many times as they like and across as many different categories as are applicable.
Entrants will benefit from unique opportunities to network with other industry professionals and marketing experts while developing new business partnerships and being inspired by the latest insights on the future of the industry. They will also be able to present their work to the international media and to the entire Game Connection audience of business leaders and professionals, with the ultimate chance of winning a prestigious award.
The categories are as follows:
- Best Print Campaign: newspapers and magazines, traditional billboard, transport advertising and all formats using standard advertising space.
- Best Digital Campaign: websites, search engines, banner ads, instant messaging, email marketing, digital Point of Sale, browser games and virtual or augmented reality.
- Best Mobile Campaign: campaigns on smartphones, tablets and phones, such as SMS, MMS, WAP and Apps, including mobile games.
- Best Social Media Strategy: viral advertising, buzz marketing, blogs, use of social networks, consumer generated content, and Apps including social games.
- Best Experiential Marketing Campaign: exhibitions, events, fairs, concerts, trade shows, publicity stunts, corporate entertainment and all interactive events which involve consumer interaction with a brand.
- Best Broadcast Campaign: videos, trailers and adverts for cinema, TV, online and radio distribution.
- Best PR Campaign: successful PR campaigns and media partnerships which have generated awareness through outstanding media coverage or public relations efforts.
- Best Videogame Marketing Team 2012: this Award honors the marketing team who have distinguished itself by the quality of its campaigns or who inspires innovative marketing of its products and services.
The Marketing Awards advisory board will decide the winners of each category from amongst all the projects submitted.
The new Marketing Awards are part of the expansion of Game Connection’s remit to incorporate the vital marketing functions of the industry at this year’s event. As well as having a strong presence on the show floor, for the first time marketing professionals will be catered for within the comprehensive program of cutting edge conference and master class content delivered by leading global experts.
Many leading games marketing businesses will be exhibiting at the event, including business intelligence specialists and agencies specializing in media, advertising (including in-game), creative, PR , community management, and digital, email and affiliate marketing.
Game Connection Europe 2012 takes place this November 28-30 at Porte de Versailles in Paris, France.
In the meantime, another key date to remember is September 26th, the last day when visitors can benefit from early bird offers and save up to €450 on ticket prices.
For more information about Game Connection Europe 2012 and to make the most of the special early bird offers available until September 26th, go to: http://www.game-connection.com/gameconn/content/badgeprices-europe
# # #
About Game Connection:
Game Connection is an event produced by Connection Events. With events in Paris (France) San Francisco (California, USA) and Shanghai (China), Game Connection stands out as the most efficient business meeting solution in the industry, offering effective matchmaking between service providers, developers, publishers and distributors alongside network building and business enhancement.
The event offers delegates significant added value through its program of conferences and master classes.
About Connection Events:
Connection Events is a creator of opportunities, resources and results in the Games Industry.
Connection Events specializes in the production of services and events aimed at games industry professionals, with over 800 business clients in more than 56 countries. Core Connection Events services include Game Connection and Game Connection Master Classes.