LONDON, 14/06/2012 – DesignerApps has released the first major content update for its innovative real time planning tool GamePlan.
Version 1.1 adds a wide range of functionality, with a focus on getting the most requested features by the users into the app for the first update. The most requested items that are in this update include features such as: optional grid overlays, official NATO symbols, map version checker, and a host of other minor usability tweaks.
“It was important to respond to user feedback as quickly as possible,” said Mark Hockings, founder and CEO of DesignerApps. “Responding to what the players want, and making sure we fix any bugs we may have missed will help GamePlan fulfil its potential in the online gaming space.”
Coinciding with the release, GamePlan has dropped to £1.49 to help promote the app to news users. It can be found on the Apple iTunes (iOS) store, Google Play (Android) and Amazon (Android).
Full change log:
• Optional grid overlay with selectable colour (the most requested feature is here already!)
• NATO standard symbology into 2 extra icon categories (22 'friendly' markers and 22 'hostile'
• New help screen so you can learn the meanings of the NATO icons.
• New "Detailed Manual' help screen
• 2 new icons (smoke grenade, HE grenade)
• Increased room limit to 16 players and added 4 more ink colours. (this allows 3 teams of 5 and a
commander for example). NOTE: All users will need this version to connect to the same session.
• 'Clear All' button (clear your canvas in a single action)
• 'Drag Delay' slider (allows reduction of pick-up time to zero for quicker editing)
• Map version check (we can update maps and you get notified of new versions in MapLocker)
• Swipe to delete individual saved maps (to save space on your device)
• Android: Added 'quit app' functionality to the software back button (closes app fully from memory)
Tweaks and Fixes:
• Polished behaviour of waypoint tool and map zooming
• Changed line and shape handles to white colour
• Allow deselect of tools to regain 1 finger panning in edit mode
• Slowed down scrolling when zoomed in
• Fixed incorrect link in email
• Network stability improvements
• Added version number overlay (now 1.1)
• Android: Fix to fast-app switching issue
• Android: Tweak to list hit areas and tool sensitivities
Where to buy
iTunes for iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/app/gameplan/id503395878?mt=8
Google Play for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DesignerApps.GamePlan
GamePlan features cross-platform support for iOS?&?Android, and works with iPad, iPhone 3GS & iPod Touch 3rd Gen or better as well as Android 2.0.1 or above.
For more information, visit the official website: www.gameplanlive.com
Download our press kit: http://www.gameplanlive.com/GamePlan-presskit.zip
Official YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamePlanLive
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gameplanlive
Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/gameplanlive
DesignerApps specialise in Mobile app and game development, with a focus on user-friendly interfaces, smooth user experiences and solid, reliable code to back it all up. DesignerApps is committed to making GamePlan the best tool it can be and is very responsive to user feedback, with requested features already being developed for future updates.
+44 (0)7810 534 640