NEW YORK– June 10, 2009– GamersGate, a leading digital distribution platform for PC and Mac games, today confirmed a new partnership with TransGaming, Inc. (TSX-V: TNG) to become a part of its growing GameTree Network. As part of the GameTree Network, publishers and developers of Mac games will gain immediate global digital distribution through GamersGate.
"Our number one goal at GamersGate has always been to offer the best experience possible," said Theodore Bergquist, CEO of GamersGate. "Our partnership with TransGaming and the GameTree Network further ensures a steady stream of high-quality Mac content for our growing user base."
"The availability of great Mac titles from leading publishers and developers through the GameTree Network is an outstanding example of the role TransGaming is playing to expand the growth of Mac gaming," commended Vikas Gupta, CEO&President of TransGaming. "The addition of GamersGate to our GameTree Network will offer an incredible benefit to all our game content partners and the growing Mac gaming community."
Specializing in the development of innovative products for the electronic entertainment industry, TransGaming currently provides Mac enablement solutions to leading content creators globally through its CiderTM portability technology, plus offers a global digital distribution service for Mac content creators through its GameTree Network.
GamersGate currently has over 1150 titles in its catalog from a variety of publishers including EA, Ubisoft, THQ, and many others. Their diverse catalog consists of a dynamic mix of major AAA titles, niche titles, and the best selection of indie titles on the web.
To find out more about GamersGate, please visit: www.gamersgate.com
GamersGate is a leading digitaldistribution platform creating easily accessible gaming experiences for gamers worldwide– anytime, anywhere. Viewed as a strong contender in the digital download arena, GamersGate continues to redefine the download industry and future strategies including the launch of several accompanying services and comprehensive tools, in addition to an aggressively growing product portfolio from a wide range of internationally recognized publishers. http://www.gamersgate.com.
About TransGaming, Inc.
TransGaming, Inc. (TSX-V: TNG), is the leading developer of innovative enablement products for the $60B video games industry. Content creators around the world have embraced the company’s products to increase revenues, enhance profit margins, and gain market share. TransGaming’s continued success is fueled by:
1) Cider, a product that enables PC games on the exploding Mac market;
2) Cedega, a product that enables PC games for the Linux market;
3) GameTree, TransGaming’s comprehensive suite of Mac gaming products and services for retail and online game releases;
4) SwiftShader, a proprietary ultra high-speed software 3D rendering product which exploits the move to multi-core CPUs and the convergence of CPU and GPU technologies;
5) TransGaming’s Development Studio, creating original video game content. TransGaming is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and maintains a research and development center in Ottawa, Canada. To learn more about TransGaming’s businesses, visit: http://www.transgaming.com/business