NEW YORK – March 23, 2012 – Paradox Interactive and Radioactive Software today announced that Gettysburg: Armored Warfare, its hybrid multiplayer Third-Person Shooter (TPS)/Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game, will be available on March 27th for $9.99 on Steam and other digital distribution services.
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare brings fast paced action to the PC in an alternate reality version of the Civil War. Radioactive Software will continue to support the game after launch and further develop the editor as well as add tools for players to mod the game and become creators themselves.
“Gettysburg: Armored Warfare will bring the fast action of a third-person shooter and the deep strategy experiences of an RTS together in a unique way,” said Gordon Van Dyke, Senior Producer at Paradox Interactive. “It’s amazing to see the game come together and deliver on the fun factor we were shooting for, and the fact that a one-man team was able to pull that off is nothing short of spectacular.”
Union and Confederate troops spawn and vie for control of the battlefield with futuristic weapons and familiar formations. Both sides battle over control points as time passes and players lay waste to the enemy. The round ends when one side has reached zero attrition points and the other team is victorious.
Please visit the official website http://gettysburgarmoredwarfare.com/ , follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/armoredwarfare and join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/GettysburgArmoredWarfare
• RTS and TPS hybrid
• 64 players per server
• Multiple gameplay modes including Army Skirmish, and Deathmatch
• 4 maps
• Over 1'000 controllable units on the battlefield at once
• Play as Union or Confederate
• 14 unit types (infantry, cavalry, tanks, ships, zeppelins and more)
• Persistent Point/XP system and Statistics Tracking
• Steam Achievements
• Army Builder with Steam Cloud support for saving your armies
• Integrated World Editor for creating your own battlefields