Offenburg, October 19th, 2012 – Independent game developer Black Forest Games announces that their twisted platformer, GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS is now available for pre-order on PC through Gog.com and GamersGate .
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is the grandchild of The Great Giana Sisters, a Super Mario Bros clone that sparked much controversy when it first arrived on shelves in 1987. The development team at Black Forest Games re-birthed the franchise with a completely new concept and story of Giana and her twisted dream-world.
As one of the first game developers from Germany, the studio started a Kickstarter campaign to help fully fund the game without the need for publisher support. On August 31st, 2012 the campaign successfully raised a stunning 124% of its funding goal. In addition the popular title was supported by fans around the world to become an approved game in the second round of Steam's Greenlight program.
Pre-Order of GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS is available world-wide now on gog.com and GamersGate . Any customer who orders the game in advance in any of the mentioned online stores will benefit from a 25% on the retail price of $14.99 (EUR 14.99). The game will be released on both platforms on Tuesday, the 23 rd of October. The release date on Steam will be announced soon.
Andreas Speer and Adrian Goersch, the two studio heads of Black Forest Games, acknowledge the efforts of both team and supporters in making Giana Sisters revival a reality. “We really appreciate the support of everyone who contributed to help us finalize Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and publish it ourselves.” Andreas Speer says, “I’m really proud of the team which, although they went through hell and back during the development of this game, decided to stick with us and created a worthy 25 th anniversary successor of The Great Giana Sisters.”
Adrian Goersch adds: “With the funding we received through Kickstarter we were able to not only finish the game, but also deliver a total of 23 action packed levels for GSTD. We wish to take this opportunity to thank our fans and backers on behalf of the whole team here at Black Forest Games.”
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Features
· Challenging Levels – Discover three distinctive worlds with 23 challenging levels. Each one transforms from fluffy nightmare to spooky dream by a push of a button.
· Personal Style – Whether you like speed run through each of the amazing levels or take your time exploring even the last secret of Giana's dreams. It's up to you.
· Lush graphics – Detailed landscapes morph from lush, colorful surroundings to surreal, spiky nightmare worlds. It doesn't matter how often you'll see it, you'll detect new details every time.
· Amazing puzzles – Blocked pathways open up when Giana transforms: pretty flower beds mutate to thorn covered bushes and diamonds can only be collected in one form or the other.
· Various Game Modes – it's challenging in normal mode. But it becomes a nail biting, mind bending, and furious experience in hardcore mode.
· Legendary Soundtrack – listen to Chris Hülsbeck's tunes changing from Chiptune to the metal riffs from SID-Rockers Machinae Supremacy.
· Epic battles – from vicious gargoyles to magnificent boss-monsters. You'll need every trick in your sleeves to master all the challenges that lie ahead of Giana.
The PC version of the game will be available world-wide on Tuesday, October 23 2012. XBLA and PSN versions of are scheduled early 2013.
Follow us on
About Black Forest Games:
Founded in 2012 by the core development and leadership team behind Spellbound Entertainment, Black Forest Games is a new studio focused on high-quality video games. The studio is based in Offenburg, Germany and currently employs a staff of international (French, German, American, Belarus and more) industry professionals that have experience building games for all major game platforms.