London, UK– November 7, 2007– Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of mobile games, today announced the launch of the latest installment in the critically acclaimed Call of Duty® titles for mobile phones, Call of Duty®4: Modern Warfare™. The title was developed and published through Glu’s exclusive worldwide partnership with Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI).
Available now, the mobile version serves as a unique prequel to the highly-anticipated Infinity Ward blockbuster by the same name. Featuring a distinct story, mission and objectives, Glu’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare mobile edition delivers the fast-paced, intense action of Call of Duty and arms gamers with an arsenal of advanced and powerful modern day firepower.
"We are thrilled to bring modern warfare to fans of the Call of Duty franchise,” said Jill Braff, senior vice president of global publishing, Glu.“Through advanced graphics and a new storyline, we’ve strived to deliver a unique experience that immerses players in the action, while creating an exciting and interesting experience for mobile phones.”
The popular and critically acclaimed Call of Duty franchise is known for its cinematic intensity, epic battlefield moments and intense multiplayer action. The mobile version delivers a nine-mission campaign enlisting gamers as a member of the British S.A.S. and U.S. Marine forces, who are tasked with confronting a rogue enemy group threatening the world. Additional features include:
• Modern Warfare Theme– Battle through the chaos of modern warfare as told through an original story that lead up to the events of Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
• Special Effects– Become immersed in battle with advanced special effects never before seen in a mobile game.
• Varied Mission Types&Objectives– Multiple ways to complete objectives in escort, stealth, sniping and assault missions.
• Use of Cover– The majority of objects in the environment can be used as cover to gain the upper hand over enemies.
• Modern Weapons– A variety of weaponry are available, including automatic rifles, sniper rifles, grenades, bazookas and C4 explosives.
• New Attack Types– Choose between different attacks such as up-close melee or long distance sniping.
• Squad support– AI squad mates assist in battle and come to your aid.
• Authentic Vehicles– Destroy enemy tanks and escort friendlies as support helicopters fly overhead.
For more information, visit www.callofdutymobile.com.
About Activision, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products. Founded in 1979, Activision posted net revenues of $1.5 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's World Wide Web site, which is located at www.activision.com.
About Glu Mobile
Glu (NASDAQ: GLUU) is a leading global publisher of mobile games. Its portfolio of top-rated games includes original titles Super K.O. Boxing!, Stranded and Brain Genius, and titles based on major brands from partners including Atari, Activision, Konami, Harrah's, Hasbro, Warner Bros., Microsoft, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, SEGA and Sony. Founded in 2001, Glu is based San Mateo, California and has offices in London, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Hong Kong, Beijing and Sao Paulo. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com.
# # #
© 2007 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision and Call of Duty are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved
GLU MOBILE, GLU, SUPER K.O. BOXING!, STRANDED, BRAIN GENIUS and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile.