Hamburg, August 30th 2012 – In gamigo's Golf-MMO, Golfstar, the second season is being heralded with a massive update. Lots of new content has found its way into the game. Above all, the three brand-new courses that present high-level players with all new challenges. These include Hawaii, a demanding island course, Guilin, a rocky course with an Asian-countryside flair, and Sawgrass, a real life US golf course.
A trailer for the second season of Golfstar is ready on YouTube.
David is a new, playable character in the game: The athletic Latino begins with 6, rather than the normal 4, skill points and a large inventory. So that players don't have to give up all the progress they made, David comes with a character change item. This means that all the current progress can be transferred to him.
Guilds will have guild skills at their disposal in the second season. This includes, for example, guild buffs which grant all members various bonuses, and can be further enhanced. In addition, guild members can create items in the new guild factory, for example, tees which give extra experience points. The experience points warehouse is a particularly special highlight: This is where high-level players can store their experience points and give them to lower leveled players.
There are many more innovations, too:
- The level cap has been raised from 60 to 70.
- The new dash mode has been added for the quickest golf pros. If you're too slow, you're out!
- The number of inventory slots has been increased from 60 to 70.
- For your convenience, all in-game shops have been combined together and the user guidance adapted.
- Items which are best suited for the current character level will be especially highlighted.
- Lots of new items in the shop
- The user interface has been completely overhauled and offers self-allocatable shortcuts as well as a much more grown-up look.
- The new Quest Reward Booster provides 50% more EXP and GP upon the completion of quests.
Tel. +49-40-411 885 205
Fax +49-40-411 885 255
About gamigo AG
gamigo AG, a wholly owned subsidiary of Axel Springer AG, was founded in 2001 and has grown to become one of the leading publishers of free-to-play MMOGs in Europe. In 2010 gamigo also began publishing its games globally. A team of more than 100 employees works in the company headquarters in Hamburg and its branch office in New York City. The key to success is the emphasis on publishing high-quality games supervised by first-rate community management. The portfolio includes games from all ends of the gaming spectrum - from Facebook games and browser-based games to client MMORPGs.