SOFIA, BULGARIA—November 23, 2012—Masthead Studios, a leading independent game developer, today announced the beginning of the Closed Beta Test of their upcoming free to play title GUNS and ROBOTS.
Fans of the GUNS and ROBOTS can get their hands on the online shooter today. The closed beta test provides to selected players a refreshing and dynamic atmosphere with creative map design to explore. Some groundbreaking explosions assist in making the gameplay pure fun. Along with the fast and smooth gameplay there are multiple breakable objects to keep the players occupied while exploring the map.
"As the release date approaches we are thrilled and excited for our first get-together with our players" said Atanas Atanasov, CEO of Masthead Studios. With the start of the first wave of closed beta tests the team encourages feedback from players to point out what they like and what needs to be adjusted. "The opinion of our players is highly anticipated and important to us for determining the future developments in GUNS and ROBOTS", added Mr Atanasov.
Most of the action in the game will be provided by the cartoon tinheads that each player will have to build from scratch in their garage. The real robotic war begins after players assemble their equipment and enter the arena. The strategic element of combining the modules must be approached with a bulletproof logic in order to survive the death match in the game.
Players can still sign up for a chance to join the CBT at www.play-gar.com
The game is currently open to some lucky players who registered earlier this month.
About GUNS and ROBOTS
GUNS and ROBOTS is engaging free online shooter with inventive character design and an endless list of customization features. The game combines fun art with almost unlimited game play. The characters are able to move freely all over the maps, engage in battles, climb up the rankings and unlock various achievements. They will be able to choose their equipment from variety of weapons and over 150 different parts. The incredible battle mechanics combined with funny looking robots adds a whole new perspective to the genre.
Features of GUNS and ROBOTS:
- Enjoyable and extremely funny online arena battles where you literally blast your way through. The game provides players with thrilling assortment of maps to explore and dominate. There are fun, breakable objects to shoot at all over the maps.
- Customizable characters with wide variety of weapons and over 150 different parts. In GUNS and ROBOTS, the robots come in three module classes based on players' assembly and unlimited options for character customization.
- Adrenaline-pumping game play during many levels adding a new dimension to the TPS category. The different maps add fine mixture of thrill, speed and action to the game play.
- Dynamic combat experience. Players can choose to line up for “death match”, race, “capture the flag” and other game mods engaging in high-level real-time combat.
- Custom designed arena to test the look, movements and weapons of each robot configuration. BIG or Burn-In Garage provides each player the option to build his character from scratch to the ultimate killing machine and test their shooting skills while assembling their robot.
- Team up with friends and fight together against other players
- Pinpoint enemies with multiple weapons simultaneously. Thousands of potential combinations per weapon allow players to fine – tune their arsenal according to their game play preferences.
- Best of all, GUNS and ROBOTS is Free to Play
About Masthead Studios
Masthead Studios is an independent game development studio focusing on innovative and quality games bringing to its fans enjoyable entertainment experience. The company was founded in 2005 with focus on the MMORPG genre. The primary goal of the studio has grown into making high quality, original and fun games for various platforms. The team consists of highly experienced and dedicated talents with fresh ideas. The headquarters of Masthead Studios are in the emerging technology hub of Sofia, Bulgaria. For more information please visit