SAN FRANCISCO – September 23, 2013 – Havok, a leading provider of middleware technology, will be giving a keynote talk at in the Korea Games Conference 2013 (KGC 2013) as well as several additional sessions at the COEX in Seoul Korea. In the keynote, entitled, “The Future of Mobile and PC Game Development and the Technology Choices that Will Give Developers a Competitive Edge in Our Changing Market Conditions,” Havok’s Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing, Brian Waddle will describe how developers can leverage middleware toolsets to streamline the production process in a rapidly-changing development environment. Over the course of the event, a total of seven sessions will cover Havok technology. KGC 2013 takes place from September 25-27th at the COEX in Seoul, Korea.
The full event schedule incorporates numerous speaking sessions covering a variety of Havok technologies, including the versatile and graphically-advanced Havok Vision Engine, the efficient and integral Havok AI, the free 3D mobile game development engine known as Project Anarchy, and market leading Havok Physics and Animation tools. The full list and schedule of Havok-affiliated sessions are as follows:
September 25th (Wednesday):
· 9:20am - 10:20am: Vision Engine MMO Development Case Study / Mr. Kang Kyung Duk, Timbergames / Room 102
· 10:30am - 11:30am: Technology for the online AOS game development and Havok AI Case Study / Mr. Lee Jae Hwan, NamJi / Exp100, Room 102
· 1:30pm - 2:30pm: [Keynote Session] The Future of Mobile and PC Game Development and the Technology Choices that will Give a Competitive edge in our Changing Market Conditions / Brian Waddle, Havok / 3F Auditorium
September 26th (Thursday):
· 3:50pm - 4:50pm: Project Anarchy Start-up Guide for Beginners / Justin Song, Havok / Room 102
· 5:00pm - 6:00pm: Game Development for Artists: Developing an RPG Game with Project Anarchy / Thomas Pollak, Havok / Room 102
September 27th (Friday):
· 11:40am - 12:40pm: Application of Realistic and Dynamic World Development Method: Havok Physics and Animation Use Case) / Alex Kang, Havok / Room 102
· 2:40pm - 3:40pm: Best Practices for Getting the Most out of Your Game Engine / Harry Kim, Havok / Room 102
For details, please visit the KGC 2013 website: http://www.kgconf.com/eng/html/main.html
For more information on Havok, visit: www.havok.com/
As a leading provider of games development technologies, Havok has over 13 years of experience servicing the most demanding technology requirements for leading customers in the commercial games and entertainment industry. A combination of superior technology and dedication to delivering industry leading support to its customers has led to the company’s technologies being used in over 500 of the best known and award-winning titles including Halo 4, Halo: Spartan Assault, Assassin’s Creed III, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Injustice: God Among Us, DmC: Devil May Cry, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, and Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour.
Havok works in partnership with the world’s best known publishers, developer studios and developer teams, including Microsoft Game Studios®, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Nintendo®, Ubisoft®, NC Soft, Rockstar, EA, Bethesda ™, Insomniac, Relic, Bungie, Naughty Dog, Evolution Studios and Guerrilla Games. Its cross-platform, professionally supported technology is available for the Xbox One® and Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment systems, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Wii™, Wii U, PlayStation Vita®, Android™, iOS, Windows® 8 (Desktop, Tablet and Phone), Windows 7, Apple Mac OS and Linux.
Havok’s products have also been used to drive special effects in movies such as Harry Potter, Watchmen, James Bond, and The Matrix. Havok has offices in Dublin (Ireland), San Francisco, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Germany. Havok is an Intel® owned company.