IRVINE, CALIFORNIA -- OCTOBER 29, 2009 -- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today passed along an ominous warning to online players of the sleeper hit Demon's Souls for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
"Early reports from the Kingdom of Boletaria indicate that the Old One's power grows," announced Aram Jabbari, Manager of PR and Sales for Atlus, shuffling awkwardly under the weight of his full set of fluted armor. "We've discovered that the nefarious Demon will seek to descend the land in pure blackness on All Hallow's Eve. His minions will be more powerful, but the rewards for those who seek to challenge them will be greater as well. We don't know how long this dark tendency will last, but we do advise those prone to controller-into-LCD syndrome to proceed carefully." Jabbari then cackled as he quickly put a Thief's ring on his finger and disappeared.
Demon's Souls is out now for PlayStation 3 system and retails with an MSRP of $59.99. For more information, visit the game's official website (LINK) and wiki (LINK).
Critical acclaim for Demon's Souls:
• 9/10, Editor's Choice Award - "Brutally challenging and utterly engrossing, this innovative role-playing game is one of the year's best." (GameSpot)
• 9/10, Gold Award - "...one of the first truly great RPGs of this generation..." (Game Informer)
• 9.4, Editor's Choice Award - "It's utterly unique among the offerings on any console right now, and absolutely, positively should not be missed." (Sam Bishop, IGN)
• 9.5/10 - "Gorgeous, thoughtful, and complete unto itself, it's the second-best title I've played this year. Maybe even better." (Play Magazine)
• 5/5 - "Demon's Souls is the best game I've played all year." (RPGamer)
• 95 - "Without question, Demon's Souls is one of 2009's finest titles, and an amazing, challenging journey without equal." (GameCritics)
• 94% - "This is a truly exceptional RPG experience that hasn't been offered by any other game in its genre." (GameZone)
Demon's Souls has been rated "M" for Mature with Blood and Violence by the ESRB.
About Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Located in Irvine, California and founded in 1991, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is renowned for its proud tradition of publishing exceptional role-playing games with strong niche appeal. The Atlus library of critically acclaimed video games includes Odin Sphere, the Trauma Center series, and the award-winning Shin Megami Tensei series. For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com.
For breaking news, special promotions, insider info, and more, visit http://www.atlus.com/faithful to join the ranks of the Atlus Faithful!
Facebook Page: www.atlus.com/facebook
©2009 SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INC. Licensed to and published by Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
(949) 788-0455 x102
Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
(949) 788-0455 x128